The Minister for Education, Dr Mathew Opoku Prempeh briefed the press on the ministry of education’s preparations towards the reopening of schools, on Tuesday,June 2,2020. The briefing which took place at the Ministry of Information Conference Hall at Accra around, highlighted issues such as reopening of schools, as well as addressing other challenges facing the education sector. Below are full highlights of the Minister for Education’s press briefing. Click Here For The Complete Press Briefing.
Kindly Share With The Whatsapp Share Button Below This Article. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
- GES Teaching Staff Recruitment Application Procedures
- GES Non Teaching Staff Recruitment Application Procedures
- GES Recruitment Aptitude Test 2019 / 2020 Full Details and Topic Areas
- GES Auxiliary Staff Recruitment 2020 Application Procedures
Ministry Of Education Gets Financial Clearance To Employ 27,367 Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
The Minister of Education in his press briefing on Tuesday,June 2,2020 revealed that the ministry of education has been granted financial clearance to employ a total of 27,367 staff for the basic and second cycle education sector.
- The Teaching And Non Teaching Staff recruitment will comprise 16,500 newly trained teachers, 6,500 graduate teachers, 3,232 replacement staff and 1,135 non-teaching staff.
- A total, 93,724 Teaching And Non Teaching Staff have been recruited into the pre-tertiary education sector since 2017.
- Government employed 6,178 staff in the in the tertiary sector, since 2017 .
PRESS BRIEFING BY HON. MATTHEW OPOKU PREMPEH, MINISTER OF EDUCATION
Recruitment Of Teachers And Addressing Challenges Facing Teachers
- About 27,000 teaching and non-teaching staff to be recruited in 2020
- All the teachers that were recruited last year have been put on payroll
- Ghana National Research Bill laid before parliament. The government will like to acknowledge the role of UTAG in making the bill better
- Government has nothing to hide in advocating for public university bill
- Academic freedom is going to be enshrined in the bill. People should send their memorandum to make the bill a better bill
- Government has approved the increase in Research allowance from GHS 500 to 1,500 Ghana Cedis, this is a 200% increase
- Government has agreed and aligned with the concerns of the teacher unions and have deleted the Decentralization Clauses from the Pre-Tertiary Education Bill before parliament
- Full Details: NABCO To Begin Recruitment Of 100,000 Trainees
- GES Recruitment 2019/2020 New Application Procedures
- GES Recruitment And Posting 2020/2021: Application Procedures And...
- Apply Here: Ghana Statistical Service Reopens Application For Fie...
- Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Interview Questions And Answers For...
- Scholarship Secretariat District Scholarship Interviews To Begin...