Here is All About Ghana.Gov: The National Digital Payment And Centralized Services Website Portal. The GHANA.GOV portal is a digital service and revenue collection platform, created by the government of Ghana to provide a single point of access to Government’s services for the public sector.
This is in fulfillment of government’s vision of digitizing the economy and modernizing the way Government pays its bills and collection of fees and charges for the benefit of all citizens, residents and visitors.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
- How To Apply For Government’s Coronavirus Stimulus Package For Businesses And Individuals
- How To Use The ECG Mobile App (ECG Power) And Shortcode On Your Phone
- How To Buy ECG Prepaid Credit With Other Apps On Phone
- Online Ghana Passport Application, Renewal And Replacement Procedures 2020
- How To Print And Track Ghana Passport Application Progress
- TIN Number Registration At No Cost Online Application Procedures 2020
Launch Of The Platform
The Vice President Dr. Mahamadu Bawumia has launched the National Digital Payment Platform to enhance government digitization agenda in a ceremony on Monday 8th June 2020.
Minister Of Information’s Expalanation Of What The Platform Is About
The Minister Of Information Kojo Oppong Nkrumah’s has explained what the Ghana.gov platform is about. He explains it as follows:
Explanation Of The Ghana.gov System
- It is the new single digital payment platform.
- Is to enhance the government’s digitization agenda
- It will provide a single point of access to all services Ministries Departments and Agencies of government.
- It will ensure that for anybody who needs to make payment to government can go through the single gateway, without having to interface with several people
Benefits Of The Ghana.gov Platform
- It will help grow government’s revenue collection, due to its efficiency in the mobilization of funds from the various Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDA) of government who receive funding fromretail sources
- It will government make savings on the expenditure side, because the other inefficient systems and infractsructure for collecting money for the central government will now all be cut out because it has now become a single technology interface that directly sends money to government.
- It will help the fight against corruption because the human interface of payment of government services would be reduced. And the consequence ithat there is less opportunity for people to extort or be corrupted
Listen to Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah View On What The Platform Is About
Purpose Of The Ghana.gov Platform
The platform seeks to Harness Technologies to Improve Revenue Collection & Customer Service for the government of Ghana. The service portal seeks to deliver:
- The Ghana.gov platform will process all payments and transfers (both electronic and cash) against predefined service flows of each Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDA) as well as Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs).
- Ghana.gov platform will manage post-payment workflow, customer notification, feedback and service ratings. Thereby, enabling the Government of Ghana fulfill its goal of creating a cash-lite economy.
Ghana.gov Platform And Revenue Collection
- The Government of Ghana’s Domestic Revenue mostly constitutes tax, non-tax revenue and MMDA collections. According to the 2017 Auditor-General’s report, inefficiencies in revenue collection resulted in losses of over GHS2 billion.
- With only about 254 MMDAs and some 127 public organizations operating more than 2,000 physical points of services with mostly manual processes, revenue has several challenges such as corruption and bureaucratic processes.
- The use of Ghana.gov platform will present a simple, proven solution to address these challenges and significantly grow revenues.
Technologies Used For The Ghana.gov platform
- Cloud-based technologies capable of connecting millions to billions of people with services of need at the same time.
- Ghana’s close to 100% mobile money coverage and about 35% internet penetration, has made it possible for the Common Payments Platform, Ghana.gov to be administered effectively.
- A centralized yet open architecture connecting all service-flows and workflow systems of any Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDA)
- A single Common Workflow Platform to a Common Services Platform has standardized all service activities and enabled easy monitoring and customer management