Here is All About The GH Covid 19 App : Everything You Need To Know About The Covid 19 App. The Covid 19 App was launched by the Vice President of Ghana Mahamudu Bawumia on Monday 13th April, 2020. The launched app is called the GH COVID-19 Tracker App. The Tracker is developed by the Ministry of Communication and Ministry of Health in collaboration with iQuent Technologies and Ascend Digital Solutions. The App is currently available on www.ghcovid19.com but will be on Google play store and the App Store within the week.
If you want to check if you have come into contact with someone who has COVID-19: Download the GH COVID-19 Tracking app now.
Kindly Share This Article To Inform Others, There Is A Whatsapp Share Button Below This Article. If You Have Any Enquiries, Let Us Know In The Comment Section.
- Download The GH Covid 19 Tracker App For Ghana Here
- How To Use The GH Covid 19 Tracker App For Ghana
- How To Buy ECG Prepaid Credit With ECG Mobile App (ECG Power) And Other Apps On Phone
- How To Access The GES Ghana Learning Television Channel On Phone
- Colleges Of Education First Semester Results Release Date: How To Check Your Results
- Government Launches Online Scholarship Application System : How To Apply
- Vodafone Offers Free Internet Access To Online learning platforms : How To Use It
- How To Access The Emergency Food Supply For Accra, Kumasi, Tema and Kasoa
Table of Contents
About The App And The Launch Of The Covid 19 App
The launch of the GH COVID-19 Tracker App was streamed live through the Vice President’s Facebook page and also telecast on Ghana Television (GTV). With virtual performances from Reggae Dance-hall artiste, Charles Nii-Armah Mensah, professionally known as Shatta Wale as well as Highlife artiste, Kuami Eugene and others to launch the mobile software application.
The GH COVID-19 is to provide periodic lists of telephone numbers of people who had recently been to COVID-19 hit countries to the Ghana Immigration Service officials to determine who to screen.
The information will also be useful for quarantine reliability and to monitor whether or not individuals are required to go into quarantine .
The App is an important step by the government to use technology in finding solutions to the havoc the COVID-19 pandemic in Ghana.
Functions Of The Covid 19 App
- It is to enable individuals to access and provide basic information to contact tracers to facilitate easy tracing, testing and treatment of the coronavirus.
- The GH COVID-19 Tracker App is also to help health authorities to identify high risk communities and prioritize contact tracing and testing to prevent further spread of the virus.
- The Tracker provides information on persons infected by the virus through telephone related data to link them to the health professionals.
- It provides detailed information about people who have been at the same event, location, country or other defined locations to provide accurate information to health authorities overtime.
Avenuegh.com’s Review Of The Covid 19 App
The app is free to download mobile software app to be accessible on Android and iOS devices within the week. Upon downloading and installing the GH COVID-19 using the Official Download and Install Procedures:
- We realized the app is very user friendly and available on iOS and Android for Ghanaians with smart devices can make use of it. It can be accessed through the USSD code *769# on all networks for Ghanaians without smart phones.
- We also found out that the Question and Answers (Q&As) on the app are in six (6) languages which makes it accessible to everyone without language barrier.
- The App is a user friendly and free to download mobile software application powered by the Ministry of Communication to among other things, help the government in identifying and tracing persons who have come into contact with persons infected with COVID-19.
- The features of the application is to help in checking for Covid-19 symptoms and pertinent risk factors
- We found out the GH COVID-19 app answers Covid-19 questions, a person’s geographical location, dashboard and reporting and gives digital assistance.
- Our security checks on the app revealed that the system’s data is encrypted such that no personal information (Name, ID or address) is recorded on the platform. The app would record people’s GPs location as they move.
- Aso If a person tests positive for the Covid-19 , the application sends alert to everyone who has been in contact with that person to self-isolate without being told who the affected person is. The contact persons would then be taken through measures to determine their status and given the needed attention.
Other Countries Using The COVID-19 App
Countries like the USA, South Korea and China are using this concept of crowd sourcing from phone data to manage and track persons affected by the coronavirus to offer healthcare and to prevent further spread of the virus.