The MTN Ghana Foundation is inviting students to apply for its Bright Scholarships for Ghanaian students. The MTN Ghana Foundation has launched a scholarship scheme to support 300 brilliant and needy Ghanaians to complete their tertiary education. 300 scholarship awards would be given over a period of three years and beneficiaries will be selected from all 16 regions of Ghana. This scholarship will cover the cost of Tuition, Accommodation and a Stipend for books and other relevant reading materials.
For about two decades, 1000s of Ghanaian youth have been supported by MTN Ghana Foundation to pursue various courses at different levels of education in Ghana through its Scholarship scheme.
Are you a First year or a Continuing student pursuing first-degree education in any of the public tertiary institutions in Ghana requiring financial assistance?
Refer to the criteria below and fill the blank spaces provided and present to MTN Ghana
Foundation through any of our regional offices or apply online via
Level/Field of Study:
The Scholarship is designed for Year one Undergraduate Students and Continuing education Students at any public Higher Institution in Ghana. The Applicant must be pursuing any choice course.
MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships Eligibility
This Section must be obeyed for you to win this MTN Bright Scholarship Initiative The Applicant must be sure he/she has the following:
- Must be a citizen of Ghana
Must be proven to be;c) Be hard-working with excellent academic results
- Continuing students and first-year students in any accredited public tertiary institution in Ghana who meet all criteria may apply.
- Provide a one-page letter of motivation indicating why MTN Foundation should award you a scholarship for your education, including what your educational and professional goals are.
- Attach WASSCE results, admission letters and written Testimonials from your Senior High School. Please note that thorough checks will be made on all documents submitted.
- The application must be submitted together with valid contact details (Phone number/E-mail address).
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified and invited to meet the scholarship panel.
- An applicant who enjoys any form of educational scholarship should not apply.
- Priority would be given to persons pursuing courses in ICT, Computer Science, and Engineering. WOMEN and PERSONS with disability are especially encouraged to apply.
- Application submission is from May 1, to May 31,.
Successful Candidates would be contacted directly and their names published in the newspapers by August 28,.
For the first year of any public tertiary institution in Ghana:
An applicant in the first year of any public tertiary institution in Ghana should have credit passes in six (6) subjects with an overall aggregate of 24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively.
Three of the six subjects should be core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three must be in relevant electives.
For the purposes of this Scholarship, a credit pass in:
i. WASSCE means A1 – C6
ii. SSSCE means A – D
For Continuing Education Student in Ghana:
- A continuing student applicant should have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be involved in extra curricula activities.
- Be proven to be without any academic disciplinary issue and/or must not be serving a bond to be of good behaviour.
As one of the Scholarship in Ghana, the MTN Foundation in Ghana is designed for Students from the 10 Regions in Ghana.
Only Ghanaians can apply for the MTN Ghana Foundation Scholarships . You must come from any of the 16 Regions of Ghana to be eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
These 16 regions in Ghana include Accra, Takoradi, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Koforidua, Wa, Ho, Sunyani, Tamale, Bolgatanga. You’re a Student from these regions, you’re welcome to apply Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Worth of Scholarship
The MTN Scholarship in Ghana covers the cost of Tuition, Accommodation and a Stipend for books and other relevant reading materials.
How to Apply for MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships
- Apply online scholarships.mtn.com.gh or download application form.
- Visit selected MTN Service Centers or any of our regional offices; Tamale Branch, Wa Branch, Bolgatanga Branch, Kumasi (Nhyaeso branch), Takoradi Main-Beach Road, Ho Main Branch, MTN House, Accra, Cape Coast Branch, Sunyani Main Branch, Koforidua Main Branch to pick up and submit forms.
Please attach the following to your application:
- A one-page letter of motivation or reason indicating why MTN Foundation should award you a scholarship for your education. This should touch on what your educational and professional goals are.
- WASSCE results, admission letter and written testimonials from your Senior High School.
- Evidence of Ghanaian citizenship.
For further clarification or assistance, please send an email to [email protected] or call 0244300000.
Please note: Under no circumstances whatsoever would an applicant be required to pay any money for the processing of their applications. Misrepresentation in any material form renders the application null and void. Any award made based on misrepresentation shall be withdrawn or refunded by the applicant.
Application Deadline: May 31