Applications are open for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program 2020/2021 at the University of Pretoria for African students. The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at undergraduate or postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2021.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program.
The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at UP. Two thirds of these bursaries will be for postgraduate study and one third will be for undergraduate study. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- A modest monthly stipend
- Text books and printed material
- Medical aid cover for the duration of study
- VISA costs
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Leadership development opportunities
- Academic advising and counselling support
University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
- The organisers encourage applications to Knight-Hennessy Scholars from citizens of all countries. That’s natural since we expect Knight-Hennessy Scholars to have global impact.
- Did you earn a degree at an institution outside the U.S.? To be eligible for graduate study, you must hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing.
- You are eligible to apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program if you are applying to enroll in any full-time graduate degree program at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DFA, Eng, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, or PhD) or if you plan on pursuing one of Stanford’s many joint- and dual- graduate degree options (for example, but not limited to, MD+PhD, JD+MA, MBA+MS).
- Also, if you earned your bachelor’s degree in 2014 or later, you are eligible to apply (2012 or later for US Military).
How to Apply for University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholarship: Application Procedures
- Begin the application process by visiting PASET RSIF PhD Scholarships portal at: University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- You can as well download a PDF application form available here
- Then Complete the online application forms and upload accompanying supporting documents
- For more information, visit the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program.