Army DSSC RecruitmentArmy RecruitmentNigerian Army Recruitment
Army DSSC Recruitment 2023/2024
Here is the Army DSSC Recruitment 2023/2024 and how to apply.
Applications are invited from eligible s for recruitment into the Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers for the 2023/2024 recruitment year.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section.
About Army DSSC Recruitment
- The Army DSSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. Only serving military personnel sponsored to civil institutions by any of the Services of the Armed Forces shall be considered.
- Successful applicants would be required to undertake a written examination at assigned examination centers.
- Successful candidates would be required to present their printed application forms (photo-slips, guarantors form, attestation form etc) at the Examination Centres and subsequently to the Selection Board during interview.
Army DSSC Recruitment Minimum Requirements
|Minimium Grade||Second Class – Lower Division|
|Application Period||31 Jan 23 – 14 Mar 23|
Army DSSC Recruitment Required Documents For Application
- Educational certificates
- Passport photograph
- Evidence of membership of any professional body
- Certificate of state of origin
- Birth certificate or age declaration, NIN/BVN.
Army DSSC Recruitment Requirements
- You must be a as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- You must be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 30 years. Medical consultants could be between 25 – 40 years of age by May 2023.
- You must be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA standards.
- You must be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 recognizable referees who are either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- You must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- You must measure in height at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females).
- You must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel applying must be free from any disciplinary case and endorsed by the applicant’s Commanding Officer/Commander.
- You must possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND (where applicable) of not less than Lower Credit from any accredited institution of learning.
- You must possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- You must possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- You must possess NYSC discharge certificate or valid exemption certificate as appropriate.
- All Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant regulating bodies recognized by the Law at the commencement of cadet training.
- Only post secondary academic credentials obtained from 2013 to date will be considered for this recruitment.
- You must present valid contact addresses and telephone numbers of parents/guardians and Next of Kin as appropriate.
- You must not have any bodily inscriptions or tattoos.
- You must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post secondary).
- Respective service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. The service personnel must also present valid letter(s) of their respective Service sponsorship to tertiary academic institutions (where applicable). Additionally, they must have served for a period of not less than 5 years in the unit.
- You must not belong to any cult/society/fraternity.
- Applicants with ability to swim will have added advantage.
Army DSSC Recruitment
Army Medical Corps Recruitment
- All applicants for the NA Medical Corps are to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies and current practicing licenses. Other requirements are as stated below:
Medical Consultants of various Disciplines Recruitment
- You could belong to fields of specialization such as General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Anesthesia, Neuro-Surgery, Cardiothoracic, ENT Surgery, Physicians (Cardiologists, Endocrinologist, Nephrologists and Neurologists), Ophthalmologists as well as Obstetrics and Gynaecologists, Pediatricians and Family Medicine Physicians.
- You must be Fellow of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or equivalent Postgraduate Medical College.
- You must Not be more than 40 years of age by May 2023.
- You must have full registration of Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) for the undergraduate degree and additional qualification/registration as appropriate.
- You must have current MDCN license to practice as specialists.
Medical Doctors (Non Consultants) Recruitment
- You must possess MBBS/BDS or equivalent with not more than 5 years post – qualification experience and must be fully registered with the MDCN.
- You must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
Dental Surgeons Recruitment
- You must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
- You must possess Bachelor of Pharmacy and must be fully registered with the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria.
- You must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) Degree in Pediatrics or Nephrology or they must be in one of the following categories: Orthopedic, Anesthetist, Registered or Psychiatric Nurses (with BSc Second Class Lower Degree) fully registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
Medical Laboratory Scientists Recruitment
- You must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in Medical Laboratory Science and must be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria.
Speech Therapists Recruitment
- You must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree in Speech Therapy and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
Occupational Therapists Recruitment
- You must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree in Occupational Therapy and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
Army Band Corps Recruitment
- You must possess a minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND Lower Credit or equivalent in Music with Associate of Royal Academy of Music (ARAM) and Associate of Royal College of Music (ARCM).
Directorate of Legal Service Recruitment
- You must possess LLB (Hons) from a recognized institution. In addition, applicants must have been called to the bar from Law School. A minimum of 2 years post law School legal practice is required and applicants must present evidence of such.
Directorate of Islamic Affairs Recruitment
- You must possess a minimum of BA, B Ed (Second Class Lower) degree in any of the following areas: Hadith and Islamic Studies, Tafseer (Exegesis) and Qur’anic Science, Hadith Sciences, Islamic Theology and Hadith, Islamic Propagation and Religious Studies, and Qur’an and Islamic Studies from recognized universities, Azhar University, Cairo or Saudi University. Each applicant would be required to produce testimony of excellent character from a reputable Islamic religious organization in Nigeria. Applicants must be able to speak Arabic and English languages.
Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant) Recruitment
- You must possess minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree in Divinity Theology from any of the seminaries/universities recognized by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant). Applicants must belong to one of the 18 major denominations of the protestant faith. Soldier applicants must have served the NA with a minimum of 6 years experience in chaplaincy work and must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant). Applicants must provide proof of Ordination, attestation and certification by an ordained Bishop.
Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic) Recruitment
- You must be Ordained Catholic Priests from a Roman Catholic approved seminary, affiliated to a National Universities Commission accredited University or Urbanian University, Rome.
- You should possess a minimum of Bachelor of Arts (Second Class Lower) degree in Philosophy or Theology. Applicants must have good standing in the church and be released by a Diocesan Bishop with a proof of ordination. Applicants must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
Army DSSC Recruitment Portal
How To Apply For Army DSSC Recruitment
- First visit the Army DSSC Recruitment Portal: recruitment.army.mil.ng
- Then click on the DSSC link on the page.
- Afterwards read through the qualification criteria for the ongoing DSSC recruitment courses.
- Then click on the “Apply Now” button for the DSSC as per your qualification and Corps of choice.
- A prompt will displayed, requiring you to select if you are serving or have served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria then procced to choose the appropriate option.
- If this is your first time applying or click on “Sign Up” (a verification will be sent to your email) or enter your login details and log in.
- Afterwards the Army DSSC Recruitment form will be displayed, Fill the Army DSSC Recruitment forms with the required details and ensure all required documents listed below are uploaded as follows: Passport photograph, Educational certificates, Evidence of membership of any professional body, Certificate of state of origin, Birth certificate or age declaration, NIN/BVN.
- Finally print the Army DSSC application slip online on completion of the application.
- The first page of the printed Army DSSC application form is to be signed by the Registrar of any Court of Law while the second page is to be signed by the applicants’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from an applicant’s state of origin.
Army DSSC Recruitment Conditions Of Service Recruitment
- The Army DSSC is to be granted for a total of 15 years, for an initial period of 8 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission (DRC) may be granted on conversion after 3 years as a commissioned officer. Other Service conditions include the following:
- Army DSSC officers will be on probation for the first 3 years of service.
- Conversion to DRC is not automatic but based on application by an eligible commissioned officer. It is also based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance of the terms and conditions governing the Army DSSC before they are granted commission into the NA.
- The period of service for civilians who become commissioned officers will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training while that of military personnel applicants would be date of enlistment.
- All Medical Consultants on successful completion of military training shall be granted the rank of Major with seniority effective from date of commission.
- All Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant (except for medical consultants who will be commissioned as Majors) with seniority effective from date of commission.
Army DSSC Recruitment Closing Date
- Deadline for the submission of applications online is 14th March 2023.
Army DSSC Recruitment Contact Details
For further inquiries contact the following
- Phone 08179269294 or 08109959294 between 0800 -1800 hours (8am – 6pm)daily. or
- Email : [email protected]
- Army Headquarters
Department of Military Secretary
Asokoro – Abuja