Here is the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) Aptitude Test Exams Questions & Answers for Army, Navy and Airforce recruits.
These test question and answers are under the control of the Department of Defense. The upcoming military officers take the exams at designated Military Processing Stations, and schools across the country.
The study guidelines as well as the Aptitude Test Exams Questions & Answers will help you pass this stage of the recruitment process. There also study resources in this article that will help you to practice for the test.
Kindly share with the whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enquiries, let us know in the comment section
You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
About Ghana Army Aptitude Test
Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) comprises of the Army (GA), Ghana Air Force, and the Navy (GN). The armed forces are under the Ministry of Defense with the president as commander-in-chief being.
Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) recruitment require a good score in the aptitude test. Preparing for the aptitude test will increase your chances of success to the next stage of the recruitment process.
You might have gone through a the body screening stage to qualify for this stage.
To qualify out of this stage, you must provide correct answers for the test of the. You need to be equipped with good knowledge of the test you might face.
- Check GAF Aptitude Test Exams Guidelines, Arears & How To Easily Pass
- Check GAF Aptitude Test Exams & Interview Date
Ghana Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) Aptitude Test Scope & Curriculum Arears
The format of the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) aptitude test requires that you sit write the army aptitude test on a computer and at your nearest Army Careers Centre.
Subjects mostly tested are:
- General knowledge about the Ghana Army, Ghana Navy & Ghana Airforce
- Numeracy knowledge & Arithmetic reasoning
- Literacy knowledge
- General Science
Ghana Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) General knowledge Questions & Answers
What is the organization of the military
- Answer: The military is composed of the army, air force and navy
What was the number of armed forces recruits when it was established
- Answer: There were a total of 6,850 active duty personnel in 1994.
What is the armed forces command structure
- Answer: The military command structure extends from the minister of defense in the government to commanders in the field. Military units are deployed in the capital regions, and in Ghana’s border regions.
What is the structure of the army
The Ghana army, has an eastern and a western command, and is organized into
- Two brigades, with six infantry battalions
- One reconnaissance regiment, with two reconnaissance squadrons
- One airborne force, with one paratroop company; one artillery regiment
- And one field engineer regiment.
What military equipment has the Ghana Armed Forces
- Military equipment consists of older weapons of British, Brazilian, Swiss, Swedish, Israeli, and Finnish origin. The Ghanaian Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) inventory gave the following equipment : FV-601 Saladin and EE-9 Cascavel reconnaissance vehicles; MOWAG Piranha armored personnel carriers; 81mm and 120mm mortars; 84mm recoilless launchers; and 14.5mm ZPU-4 and 23mm ZU-23-2 air defense guns.
What is the structure of Ghana Air Force
The Ghana force’s mission is to perform counterinsurgency operations and provide logistical support to the army when required
The Ghana Air Force consists of the following
- The Ghana Air Force consists of bases in Accra (headquarters and main transport base), Tamale (combat and training base), Takoradi (training base), and Kumasi (support base).
- A counterinsurgency squadron equipped with MB-326K and MB-339 aircraft
- Three transport squadrons equipped with F-27 and F-28 Fokkers,
- A C-212 Aviocar, and Skyvan aircraft and one training squadron equipped with MB-326F, Bulldog, and L-29 Delfin aircraft, Bell, Mi-2 Hoplite, and SA-319 helicopters.
What are the functions Ghana Navy
- The Ghana Navy came from the Gold Coast Volunteer Naval Force, which was established in 1936 to provide sea patrols and conduct mine-detection and neutralization operations along the coast.
- The Ghana navy provides coastal defense, fisheries protection, and security on Lake Volta.
What is the structure & history of Ghana navy
- In 1959 the Ghana government established a true navy.
- On July 14, 1989, the Ghana navy recommissioned two ships, GNS Yogag and GNS Dzat, at the western naval base in Sekondi. The vessels were refurbished by a British shipyard, Swan Hunter.
- In 1994 the navy was structured into an eastern command, with headquarters at Tema, and a western command, with headquarters at Sekondi.
- The naval inventory has two Kromantse-class corvettes and two Achimote-class and two Dazata-class fast attack craft.
GAF General knowledge Questions & Answers For Army, Navy & Airforce
When was the Ghana Armed Forces established
- ANSWER: The Ghana Armed Forces was collectively established in 1957 in Accra, Ghana
Who Was The First Chief of Defense Staff Of The Ghana Armed Forces
- ANSWER: Major General Stephen Otu was the first appointed Chief of Defence Staff in September 1961
What are the objectives of the Ghana Armed Forces?
- ANSWER: The armed forces’ mission are: to protect Ghana’s territorial integrity from foreign aggression, and to maintain internal security
What are the aims and objectives of Ghana Armed Forces (GAF)
- The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) as it is now called has as its motto “Integrity, discipline, and hard work”.
The objectives of the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) are
- Crime detection and prevention
- Apprehension (arrest) and prosecution of offenders
- Maintenance of law and order
- Due enforcement of the law
Who is the present Chief of Defense Staff?
- ANSWER: The Chief of Defense Staff is appointed by the President, in consultation with the Council of State. The current CDS is Vice Admiral Seth Amoama. He was appointed by President Akuffo-Addo in January 2021
When did Ghana gain independence?
ANSWER: 6 March 1957
Which year was Ghana flag designed and who designed it?
- ANSWER: The flag of Ghana was designed and adopted in 1957 and was flown until 1962, and then reinstated in 1966.
- The Ghana flag was designed by Miss Theodosia Okoh
GAF Numeracy & Logical Reasoning Questions & Answers For Army, Navy & Airforce
- It takes an Engineer three hours to drive to his brother’s house at an average speed of 50 miles per hour. If He takes the same route home, but his average speed is 60 miles per hour, what is the time, in hours, that it takes him to drive home?
A) 2 hours and 33 minutes
B) 2 hours and 30 minutes
C)2 hours and 3 minutes
D) 2 hours and 60 minutes
2. A stamping machine can stamp 40 envelopes in 8 minutes. How many of stamping machines, working at the same time, are required to stamp 120 envelopes per minute?
A) 3 Machines
Skirt: Ghc16 each
Dress: Ghc25 each
Pantyhose: 2 pairs for Ghc3
GAF Literacy Questions & Answers For Army, Navy & Airforce
Read the passage below, and answer question
Websites provide detailed, specific information on a wide variety of topics. Websites may offer objective information, or they may present a person’s opinion about a topic. Because web pages come from such a wide range of sources, it is vital that you evaluate the authority and the background of the Website before using or accepting any of the information presented.
1. The author’s main purpose in the passage is to
A. Caution on the use of electronic text
B. Present sources of information
C. Condemn the web information
D. Commend electronic texts
2. Which of the following sentences has the correct noun, pronoun and verb
A. That bag is her’s but she has allowed the friend to take it
B. That bag is hers’ but she have allowed the friend to take it
C. That bag is hers but she have allowed the friend to take it
D. That bag is hers but she has allowed the friend to take it
3. Which one of the following sentences uses the correct order of adjectives?
A. I bought a pair of new, nice red rain shirts
B. I bought a pair of nice, new red rain shirts
C. I bought a pair of red, nice new rain shirts
D. I bought a pair of new, red nice rain shirts