The University Communications Office at Ashesi oversees and coordinates communications effort across the University and guides the effective creation and use of content across the University’s website, social media, admissions material, and press. The Office also works very closely with the Chief of Staff to the President on fundraising and advancement communications. Working with various Ashesi community members, the Communications Office helps tell stories about the University and its people through multiple media – photography, video, and writing.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section.
You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
The Communications Officer is a key member of the University Communications team, helping drive planning and creation of content; combining writing, photography, video, and graphic design skill to tell impactful stories about the Ashesi and its community. The Communications Officer is also responsible for maintaining the University’s digital communication platforms – including website and social media – and will support other university offices to align their communication activity with the University’s overall communication goals.
The role reports to the Director of University Communications and will be part of a growing global team that helps increase awareness of Ashesi’s leadership in higher education in Africa.
Content Creation and Strategy
- Provide leadership on strategic storytelling, emerging narratives, and communicating impact as a part of strategic planning.
- Lead writing and content editing for the University’s website, blogs, and other mediums.
- Work with students, faculty, staff, and alumni to identify and tell strong stories of impact by the Ashesi community.
- Supervise programming for the campus radio station, and drive university-led audio content.
Visual Design, Photography and Video
- Design print and digital communication material – including PowerPoint, university brochures, and reports – to support communication goals of key university departments.
- Help design university paraphernalia for university merchandise store.
- Lead photography for website, social media, and print.
- Be able to script, film and publish video across university communication channels to support storytelling, especially short-form video.
Social Media & Digital Channels
- Oversee university existing social media channels and provide recommendations for the effective use of emerging platforms.
- Provide reporting on digital channels and ways to improve engagement with various audiences.
This role requires
- Prior hands-on experience with content creation, writing and editing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience with writing for the web.
- Strong understanding of content creation strategy, technology, and distribution.
- Ability to plan and independently execute creative work and projects.
- Ability to identify narratives and help people communicate their work and impact.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and execute productively.
- Foundational skills in graphic design and video editing. Skill in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere) is a plus.
- Good understanding of photography and photo editing.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Ashesi University Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply button
- Then fill the Ashesi University Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit
Closing Date : 24 Feb. 2021