Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Group >>> Discussion Forum <<
Any of the Participating Australian Institutions
Level/Field(s) of study
Undergraduate or Postgraduate Programmes that are related to your country’s priority areas for development which are listed on the participating country profiles.
Australia Awards are not available for training in areas related to flying aircraft, nuclear technology or military training.
Citizens of one of the participating countries in Asia, Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. See the complete list of participating countries.
The scholarship benefits generally include: full tuition fees, return air travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), Introductory Academic Program (IAP), Pre-course English (PCE) fees, etc. See the complete list of benefits at the official website.
The scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training.
- Participants Must be from an Eligible Country.
- Minimum of 18 years aged
- Applicants shouldn’t be hold permanent residency in Australia
- He/She shouldn’t be in military services
- Should follow and meet all Australian Awards requirement
Eligible Countries for Australia Awards Scholarships
- Pacific: Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Palau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis, and Futuna
- Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- Africa: Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia
- Middle East: Palestinian Territories
Read the complete eligibility criteria in the Australia Awards Policy Handbook (PDF)
Applications for study commencing in 2022 will commence on 1 February .
Check the open and close dates for your country, and select your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for specific information on eligibility, priority areas and how to apply. Deadline is 30 April .
It is important to read the how to apply page and visit the country specific pages, and the official website (link found below) for detailed and updated information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/Pages/australia-awards-scholarships.aspx
Related Scholarships: Australia Scholarships for International Students