The Ghana Education Service has released the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) for school candidates registration date and schedule for the current year.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Group >>> Discussion Forum <<
About BECE Registration Date And Schedule
- In view of the prevailing COVID-19 situation, the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) could not organise its planned briefing of Metropolitan/Municipal/District Directors, Examination Officers and IT Personnel.
- In order to ensure that the officials are adequately equipped to handle the registration processes effectively and efficiently, the WAEC has prepared the enclosed material (audio/visual notes on BECE for School Candidates, 20121 registration) and the Timelines of Key Activities to facilitate the registration processes.
- By this letter, Regional Directors of Education are requested to disseminate the information to the aforementioned Directors and Officers.
BECE Registration Date And Schedule
- The registration of candidates for the BECE for School Candidates is to commence on 15 March to 14″ May.
- Entry Period — 15th March – 14 May
- Late Entry Period (Penalty – 50% of registration fees) — 17th- 31″ May
- Corrections can be effected till 31″ May.(corrections on names and photographs should be referred to the nearest WAEC Office). — 31″ May
- i.Downloading of Software online and uploading of Continuous Assessment Scores.
- Uploading of Continuous Assessment Scores online. (No submission of CASS CDs, Please keep backup) — 1st June – 30 July
- i.Downloading of School Choice Software online and selection of schools.
- Uploading of School Choice Files online. — 2nd July – 31 August
- Receipt of Reports on Matching Entries with CASS/School Choice Files from ICTD. — 1st – 8th September
- Briefing Course for Supervisors and Directors of Education. — To be decided
- Examination Period. — To be decided.
BECE Registration Eligibility And Requirements
- The Basic Education Certificate Examination is available to students in their final/third year in Junior High Schools.
- It is illegal to register students who are
- Not in your school or from other schools;
- Not in form 3;
Re-sitters are to register for BECE for Private Candidates, 2021. Note: this is currently ongoing.
BECE Registration Procedures
- This is to be carried out in Three Phases
- Phase 1- Capture of bio data, subject selection and pictures of candidates – 15th March – 14t May
- Phase 2 – Capture of Continuous Assessment Scores – 14th June – 30th July
BECE Registration Date And Schedule 2021/2022/2023