Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding. Job Title: Program Manager II – MEAL at Catholic Relief Services
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
You will manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system of a multi-year WASH program. You will ensure that the MEL plan adheres to CRS’ MEAL and Policies and Procedures and donor requirements.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Plan of the WASH project, which is aiming to increase access to sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene services to targeted districts in Northern Ghana. You will coordinate timely data collection, including linking with existing M&E from other GOG stakeholders, collation and analysis activities in the field, supervise Data Quality Assurance (DQA) processes, and lead MEAL capacity building activities for the WASH project and partners. Your technical skills and knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and continuously work towards improving the impact of WASH programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight of all new and existing MEAL activities throughout the project cycle to ensure project design, start-up, implementation and close-out of the multi-sectoral program are in line with CRS quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices. Oversee and manage MEAL implementation of a complex multi-sectoral program.
- Build capacity of MEAL staff and partners to address their job requirements.
- Lead the development of program learning with Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party to identify opportunities for learning, research and publications and implementation of MEAL policy.
- Facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to the agency knowledge management agenda. Ensure integration of innovations and best practices.
- Provide technical lead for quality MEAL design, including tools and methods, appropriate to scope, context, and technical requirements of a project.
- Provide technical lead for analysis of MEAL data, qualitative and quantitative.
- Ensure quality of data and data management practices.
- Integrate data analysis, reflection and interpretation and use with ongoing project activities
- Ensure compliance with donor and agency MEAL requirements.
- Communicate agency approach to MEAL and key findings, as appropriate, among CP colleagues and partners.
- Cultivate relationships with community members and stakeholders.
- Plan and budget appropriately for quality MEAL activities.
- Ensure quality management practices of MEAL activities.
Required Languages – English fluency, Knowledge of a main national language
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 25 %.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Project MEAL staff
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Country Representative, Head of Programming, MEAL staff, Finance Manager, Deputy Regional Director for Program Quality, Regional Technical Advisors, HQ based Public Donor Liaison.
External: Partner MEAL staff
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation, or Statistics required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in relevant field-based project management experience required, with preferably at least 3-5 years working in the area of MEAL,
- Experience in managing MEAL for moderately complex projects preferably with an international
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Good experience in MEAL management, including MEL Plan design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID.
- Familiarity with Collaborate, Learn, and Adapt (CLA) approaches
- Experience engaging with partner organizations.
- MEAL skills and experience required.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Experience working in the Ghanaian context.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Catholic Relief Services Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply now button
- You will be required to create an account if you dont have one
- Afterwards click on the login button
- Then fill the Catholic Relief Services Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit