The Ghana Education Service (GES) has officially released the senior high school (SHS) selection register for Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) candidates seeking admission into senior high schools (SHS) . This comes after the release of the school selection procedures for the academic year.
The GES senior high school (SHS) selection register contains names of all senior high schools, location of such schools, school code, district, programmes and gender nationwide.
The list contains 645 senior high schools grouped based on categories (A-D) and across 16 regions of Ghana. As well as a list of programmes for private senior high schools and a list of public technical institutions and their courses.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Group >>> Teacher Discussion Forum <<
Check And Download GES SHS Selection Register : Full List Of Free SHS Schools For Placement
Private candidates should see the SHS selection process for guidelines on how to select their preferred school.
Computerized School Selection and Placement Systems (CSSPS) Guidelines for Selection of Schools for Placement
As part of measures to ensure a smooth placement of qualified BECE candidates for , the Ghana Education Service (GES) has put in place the following arrangements for the information of parents/guardians/candidates and the general public.
How To Check Your The GES SHS Selection Register Of Free SHS Schools For Placement
- First download the GES SHS Selection Register Of Free SHS Schools For placement : Download the GES SHS Selection Register
- Then look through the list for a your preferred Free SHS schools
- A faster way would be to open it on a PC and search for your preferred free SHS schools
A. Grouping of Schools
All second cycle institutions have been grouped into CATEGORIES as follows:
- Public Senior High Schools: Four groups namely Categories A, B, C and D
- Public Technical/Vocational Institutions (Category E )
- Private Schools -Senior High/Technical Vocational Institutions (Categories F & G)
B. Before Selection of Schools and Programmes
Before making any selection of schools and programmes offered in these schools, parents are advised to note that all schools selected (1st to 5th) are considered in placement of candidates.
C. Conditions for selection of schools
Candidates with guidance and assistance from parents/guardians and school authorities:
- Must choose five (5) schools (1st – 5th choice).
- Must select programmes and accommodation in each school of choice.
- Candidates must list choices 1- 4 in order of preference
- Candidate’s 5th Choice must be from Category D
- May select four(4) choices from Category C and One(1) from Category D
- Cannot select more than two (2) schools from Category B
- Cannot choose more than one (1) School from Category A
- Candidates who desire to pursue purely Technical Programmes may select all 1st – 4th Schools from Technical/ Vocational Category,
Category E and must still select the 5th Choice from Category D
PRIVATE SHS and PRIVATE TVET SCHOOLS are not BENEFICIARIES of FREE SHS
Candidates who desire to pursue courses in private schools should make their own arrangements with Private SHS and PRIVATE TVET.