Here is the ongoing Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) Recruitment 2020 / 2021 and how to apply. CNFA seeks a Food Safety and Customs Technical Expert in Ghana to lead the quality standards component of a USAID-funded activity. The ideal candidate will have experience building the capacity of stakeholders to meet Sanitary and Phytosanitary Standards (SPS) including conducting science-based risk assessments, monitoring food safety systems, reducing food borne illnesses and managing outbreaks, implementing proper inspection and certification systems, and harmonizing policies and practices with the world trading system. Job Title: Food Safety and Customs Technical Expert
The Food Safety and Customs Technical Expert will lead a team of qualified professionals to implement activities designed to achieve quality food standards in Ghana.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
- Ongoing at Ghana AIDS Commission Recruitment
- Ongoing Graphic Communications Group Limited (GCGL) Recruitment
- Ministry Of Health (MoH) Opens New Recruitment Vacancies
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate firms and/or producers on their adherence to Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) food safety requirements;
- Build firm and producer capacity to consistently meet quality standards and regulations by leading the effort to establish systems and processes for quality.
- Lead the program’s efforts to adopt/ improve traceability systems;
- Support agribusinesses to become Green Label certified;
- Work with producers and firms to address risks such as aflatoxin and other mycotoxins and promote hygienic storage and processing facilities.
- Advise project leadership on policy improvements including work with Ghana Revenue Authority’s (GRA) Customs division to align specifications with the World Customs Organization and World Trade Organization Trade Facilitation Agreement;
- Leads establishment and improvement of risk management practices including collaboration with the GRA to formalize practices, policies, and roles and responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least eight years of experience working in customs and food safety in Ghana;
- Demonstrated expertise in food safety systems is required, including international food safety standards and regulations, regulatory enforcement, inspection and certification systems, science-based risk assessments, food borne illnesses, and policy harmonization;
- At least two years of experience leading teams conducting or advising on food safety measures desired.
- Experience building local stakeholder capacity in SPS requirements required. A Master’s degree in agriculture, food science, management, international development, or a related field of study or equivalent work experience required. Certifications in food safety standards such as HACCP and ISO a plus.
- Experience providing technical oversight and leadership to facilitate expanded trade and competitiveness of agricultural value chains preferred;
- English fluency required, knowledge of local languages strongly preferred
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply now button
- You will be required to create an account if you dont have one
- Afterwards click on the login button
- Then fill the Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit