Dangote Industries Limited is recruiting for the position of Internal Audit Manager
Kindly share with the whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enquiries, let us know in the comment section
You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
- Oversee/ assume responsibility for ensuring effective implementation of/ compliance with DCP’s control policies and procedures in all areas (financial transactions, operational activities and IT systems).
- Provide assurance to DCP executive management on the effectiveness of financial and operational processes, business application systems, IT infrastructure, and internal control systems in the DCP Ghana operations.
- Drive the execution of internal audit engagements in accordance with professional audit standards and the DCP’s audit programme.
- Participate in the development of the annual risk-based audit plan, and the internal audit engagement process
- Lead the execution of audit reviews in accordance with professional audit standards and DCP’s audit requirements
- Develop internal audit schedules for the unit and ensure optimal deployment of resources to priority audit areas
- Propose internal audit activities, plans and resource requirements to the Head, Internal Audit for approval
- Conduct assigned audit exercises in line with professional and ethical standards
- Ensure the implementation of the internal audit methodology for individual projects, monitor implementation of management objectives and provide recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- Work closely with staff and management of region/ country being audited to obtain accurate and complete information.
- Exercise professional judgment to determine materiality of findings and adequacy/ effectiveness of operational controls.
- Identify potential risk areas and internal control flaws during audits and make appropriate recommendations for corrective action.
- Participate in investigations relating to suspected fraudulent practices across the organization and recommend the appropriate line of action in response to findings
- Perform special/ ad-hoc reviews as requested by Management and the Risk Management & Audit Committee of the Board and present findings
- Provide appropriate post-audit recommendations to improve the internal control system, quality of operational processes and systems.
- Develop and discuss findings and timelines for corrective actions with responsible officers of operations audited.
- Perform post-audit reviews to determine the status of implementation of audit recommendations.
- Conduct organisation-wide financial and operational audits, including:
- Evaluate the risk management, control and governance processes regarding activities and resources
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls in the assigned area
- Conduct assessments of DCP’s financial processes such as revenue collection, asset management, investments, international operations etc.
- Oversee the evaluation of controls on IT infrastructure and data protection as well as the effectiveness of information security.
- Conduct organisation-wide IT audits, including:
- Conduct IT project management reviews to ensure adequacy and implementation of controls
- Perform routine and special audits of information technology infrastructure, and business application systems to ensure adequacy of internal controls in accordance with professional standards.
- Facilitate the evaluation of data controls, integrity checks, and audit trails of operational information systems.
- Conduct data extraction, analysis, and security reviews utilising various databases, spreadsheets and software tools to ensure continuous integrity of data on information systems.
- Take steps to mitigate project risks, and identify strengths and improvements required for future IT projects.
- Identify key fraud issues which may have arisen either through external changes, internal changes or new legislation.
- Conduct investigations into suspected fraudulent/sharp practices across the organisation and recommend an appropriate line of action in response to findings.
- Participate in the identification of key risk areas with regards to financial transactions, operational activities and IT systems
- Conduct forensic audits and investigations into cases of frauds, losses and malpractices as required
- Ensure proper and accurate documentation of the opening and closing meetings on internal audit engagements
- Stay abreast of best practices, new trends and developments in audit methodology, procedures and techniques.
- Participate in assessment of skill gaps in Internal Audit Officers and make relevant recommendations to the HR function via the Head, Internal Audit
- Monitor to ensure team members participate in approved training programs
- Manage the budget for assigned audit exercises and approve expenditure as required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Head, Internal Audit
- Oversee the preparation of internal audit reports covering audit activities, findings and overall assessment of control environment.
- Oversee accurate referencing of audit working papers and prompt update of all relevant databases and records.
- Periodically make proposals for the review of DCP policies and procedures or for the introduction of new policies to strengthen controls in identified areas
- review of all payment vouchers to both internal and external parties;
- audit of sales and payment vouchers (pre-payment audit);
- ensuring appropriate statutory deductions (VAT, WHT etc.) are made in all relevant payments (post-payment audit); and
- financial checks on all cash and credit transactions etc.
- Performance of systems and applications
- Performance of IT networks including server, intranets and extranets
- Management of enterprise architecture
- Provision of IT services
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, or an IT-related discipline.
- Postgraduate degree in a related field
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience, with at least two (2) years in a middle management role.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as:
- Membership of any professional bodies will be an advantage.
Skills & Competence
- Certified public accountant (CPA)
- Certified information systems auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified IT Professional (CITP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply button
- Then fill the Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit
- Dangote Industries Limited Recruitment 2022/2023, Dangote Group Recruitment 2022/2023, Dangote Industries Limited Jobs 2022/2023, Dangote Group Jobs 2022/2023