Here is the ongoing recruitment of Governance Program Officers At Empowerment for Life Program (E4L). Governance Program Officers are needed for the Empowerment for Life program (E4L), This is as released on the official Facebook page of the Ghana Developing Communities Association (GDCA). Empowerment for Life program (E4L) is an integrated development project being funded by Danida through the Ghana Friends NGO in Denmark. E4L is being implemented in five Districts in the Northern Region by Ghana Developing Communities Association (GDCA) and YEfL-Ghana in cooperation with the Danish partner, Ghana Friends. The E4L program has the development objective of Civil society actors contribute to increased equity and sustainable development in Ghana.
The partners have integrated the piloted Economic Governance Project into the main program. In this regard, the program partners desire to recruit a Program Officer for the Empowerment for Life Program. The program components in this area include a. Monitoring of capital development projects, b. Monitoring of MMDA Internally Generated Funds (IGF). The program is for a period of four years, until December 2023.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
- Ongoing at Ghana AIDS Commission Recruitment
- Ongoing Graphic Communications Group Limited (GCGL) Recruitment
- Ministry Of Health (MoH) Opens New Recruitment Vacancies
Position: Governance Program Officer, Location: GDCA Secretariat, Tamale, and 5 implementing districts, Reports to: Technical Advisor, Policy and Governance, Program: Empowerment for Life Program
The GPO will be responsible for day-to-day coordination and implementation of program activities. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that program activities are planned in accordance with the program document and continuously monitor and evaluate the program progress and impact. Furthermore, he/she will work closely with the District Coordinators and Field Facilitators in the program districts and participate in implementation such as organizing/conducting trainings and facilitation of program activities.
It is the responsibility of the Governance Program Officer – in collaboration with the Technical Advisor on Policy and Governance – to ensure smooth and effective coordination with the E4L district teams and other E4L staff regarding their part in the implementation and ensure that lessons are gathered and shared on all activities related to the program. Further, the Program Officer is responsible for liaising with and involving District and Local Authorities as well as other relevant stakeholders.
Undertake planning, monitoring and reporting on program activities
Work with District program teams and MMDAs to identify, mobilize and build capacities of CBOs, civic groups and other stakeholders to undertake capital project monitoring
Work with District program teams to identify, mobilize and build capacities of CBOs, civic groups, tax payer groups and other stakeholders to undertake IGF monitoring
Facilitate the establishment of platforms for engagement and interface between citizen groups and MMDAs
Facilitate advocacy between citizen groups and MMDAs on identified issues
Qualifications and Experience:
A Bachelors degree in a social science, development studies, or other relevant qualification from a recognized university is required, with at least three years post qualification experience in economic governance, and experience in working with decentralization, community development, and/or facilitating social mobilization and engagement, preferably in an NGO environment. A Masters degree will be preferred. Applicants must have experience in program coordination and cooperation with a different range of staff. Experience within communication for development, radio, and citizen journalism would be a plus.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Ghana Developing Communities Association (GDCA) Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Then download soft copy of the application form here: Empowerment for Life program (E4L)
- Complete the downloaded Empowerment for Life program (E4L) application form together with a cover letter indicating the your motivation and commitment and submit here: https://app.pipefy.com/public/form/NUWzYQ8j
- Then click on the submit button to submit
Not later than 23.59H GMT on 15th September 2020. Applications received after this time will not be processed.
Application Notice And Contact
- Females are highly encouraged to apply.
- The only phone contact allowed for this advertisement is 0501333867 / 0501489514 during working hours between 9am and 5pm. Applicants who attempt to influence their recruitment through Management and Board members or other means will be immediately disqualified.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.