The Regional Office for Africa is responsible for leading FAO´s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO´s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in Africa and, in collaboration with offices and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization´s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions, including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The post is located in the Administrative Support Unit, RAF. Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Under the overall guidance of the Assistant Director-General, Regional Representative for Africa, the Human Resources Officer reports to the Chief, Administration, Logistics and Operations, works closely with the Deputy Regional Representative for Africa and receives technical guidance from the Director of the Human Resources Division in Headquarters.
Workforce planning, organizational design, outreach and talent acquisition, recruitment and selection, staff development.
Comprehensive HR expertise for the planning and deliver of multi-disciplinary HR programmes, products and services and development of related policies and specialized tools and systems.
Leads projects and/or work teams, leads and/or participates on Division teams, provides secretariat services and/or professional HR expertise on Organization-wide HR committees and working groups and represents FAO at inter-agency meetings;
• Plans and delivers HR programmes, products and services including related policies, systems and tools to facilitate the effective recruitment, management, development and retirement of the FAO workforce;
• Analyzes HR requirements, information, data, statistics, relativities, trends, problems, and/or issues to support service delivery, new HR initiatives, and the preparation of plans, strategies, reports, policies and/or other products;
• Provides specialist HR advice and expertise to designated business partners on specific or complex cases, staff requirements, policy interpretation issues, labor relations issues and/or best practices, etc.;
• Manages special projects and provides guidance to consultants for the development and implementation of new HR products, tools, and systems;
• Develops information, training materials and products to increase understanding of HR programmes, services and policies, promote capacity development and facilitate the introduction of Changes across the Organization;
• Provides information and assistance to management and staff to resolve problems and/or reach agreement on complex issues;
• Develops relevant performance criteria and indicators to evaluate HR programmes, products and services.
- Develops and executes a Regional HR Strategy and regional talent acquisition strategies;
• Guides and advises on a full range of human resources aspects such as organizational design, position management, succession planning and leads the implementation of the staffing needs assessment enabling the effective delivery of the work program in the region;
• Coordinates and provides advice on the recruitment, selection and appointment processes of all personnel;
• Designs, develops and delivers induction, information and training sessions on HR-related topics targeting all personnel throughout the region;
• Consults comprehensively throughout the region and designs interventions with Headquarters to make human resources management more efficient and tailored to the needs of the region;
• Oversees the development and delivery of well-being activities in the Regional Office;
• Undertakes employee consultations and engagement activities to contribute to the implementation of change processes across the region;
• Chairs Salary Survey Committees of the United Nations, as needed;
• Oversees the development and execution of staff development activities and learning programmes and ensures compliance with performance management requirements.
- Advanced university degree in human resources, management, business administration, organizational development, industrial psychology, law or a related field.
• Seven years of relevant experience in human resources management and administration, including development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures, organizational design, talent acquisition, staff development, HR reporting and/or administrative law.
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to identify issues, proactively formulate advice and analysis, draw conclusions and recommendations on a wide range of policy, operational, management and administrative HR-related matters;
• Extent and relevance of experience in human resources planning and management, including organization design, talent acquisition, staff development, and/or development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures;
• Familiarity with automated human resources management systems.
• Working knowledge of French is considered a strong asset.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Food and Agriculture Organizations Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply button
- You will be required to create an account if you dont have one
- Afterwards click on the login button
- Then fill the Food and Agriculture Organization FAO Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit
Closing Date : 28 March. 2021