The Ghana Education Service (GES) has launched a nationwide senior high schools fumigation and disinfection project today, at the Accra Girls Senior High School. This is to ensure that the schools are free of bed bugs, reptiles, rodents etc and also prepare against COVID19.
In the light of this, GES has engaged the services of Zoomlion Ghana Limited, the leading waste management company in Ghana to fumigate and disinfect the Senior High Schools, Technical, Vocational and Special schools as well.
You Can Share this Article With The Whatsapp Share Button Below This Article.
- Call Students Back To Campus For Lessons While Observing Social Distancing Protocol – TTAG
- NASPA Organizing Secretary Dismissed For Supporting Personnel Against NSS
- Public Colleges of Education To Begin Second Semester April 27: Full Details
- Newly Posted Teachers In The Northern Region Call On Nana Addo To Pay Them Their Salary
- No March Allowance For Teacher Trainees: To Be Paid Allowances In May,2020
- Teacher Trainees Asks Gov’t To Provide Them With Dedicated TV Channel For Lessons
Table of Contents
Senior High Schools Schools To Be Fumigated And Disinfected
For the first time , GES has also included Private Senior High Schools in its funigation exercise. In all, Five Hundred and forty-six (546), Boarding schools, One Hundred and Seventy-six (176) day schools, twenty Eight(28) special schools and Three Hundred and Eighty (380) Private schools will be fumigated and disinfected across the country.
The exercise started today in all the regions. Zoomlion Ghana limited also used the occasion to launch its automized Boom Machines to enhance its operations.
The Launch Of The Senior High Schools
Present at the launch were Hon Dr Mathew Opoku Prempeh, Minister of Education, Professor Kwasi Opoku Amankwa, Director General, GES, Mr Benjamin Gyasi Chief Director, MoE, MCE Ayawaso North, Hon Mohammed Zakari, Deputy Director General (M&S), Lawyer Anthony Boateng, Heads of agencies under MoE, representatives from Zoomlion amongst others.