A statement by the Ghana Education Service (GES) has indicated that it has approved payment for 2,558 members of staff whose eligibility was contested. This was made known in a response to claims by some teachers that they have been owed Legacy Arrears from 2013 to 2016.
The statement indicates that the approved teachers were being processed by the Controller and Accountant-General’s Department (CAGD) for payment. The last tranche of payment was made in December last year to 1,200 members of staff.
- Check Documents To Be Dubmitted For Payment Of Legacy Arrears
- Check The Full GES Collective Agreement With The Teacher Unions
- All About The GES Collective Agreement With Teacher Unions That Has Been Signed
- GES Study Leave With Pay 2020 / 2021: Forms, Approved Courses, Postings And Requirements
- All About The GES Promotion 2020 /2021
- All About The GES Promotion Aptitude Test
- About The Ghana GES Pre Tertiary Education Bill
- Gov’t Awards Contract For The Distribution Of free WiFi Coverage To The 46 Colleges of Education
GES Teachers Legacy Arrears Updates
The GES Teachers legacy arrears span the period 2012 to 2016 when the staff of the GES who were employed were paid only three months’ remuneration and asked to justify why they were due for the rest.
The Ministry of Finance, at the time, explained that the measure was to ensure that only qualified persons received salaries from government coffers because ‘ghost names’ on the payroll were estimated to be very high.
The Director-General of GES, Professor Kwasi Opoku-Amankwa, in an interview in Accra yesterday, stated that out of the 97,791 applications received for final audit for the legacy arrears, 83,763 were validated as being owed and the beneficiaries paid in full, explaining that “this represents a 100 per cent payment of all validated claims”.
Submission of Documents For GES Legacy Arrears
The management of GES has requested that teachers who could justify that they were entitled to be paid legacy arrears to submit the stated documents here to their respective regional/district education office nationwide.
- GES Recruitment And Posting 2020/2021: Application Procedures And...
- Apply: Ghana Statistical Service Recruitment Of Trainers And Pre-...
- GES Recruitment Portal Officially Opened For Recruitment: Apply H...
- Full List Of GES Postings For Teachers 2020 / 2021 Released : How...
- Check And Download GES SHS Selection Register 2020 : Full List Of...
- Apply: NBSSI Relief Fund – Resilience and Recovery Programm...
- Apply: Ongoing Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) Recruitment 2020 /...