The Ghana Education Service (GES) invites applications from suitably qualified persons who are goal oriented and results driven with good leadership qualities for appointment to the position of Director I in the Service.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
- GES Recruitment And Posting 2020/2021: Application Procedures And Requirements
- GES Recruitment 2020: Prepare For Aptitude Tests, No Protocols
- Apply Here: GES Opens Recruitment Portal For 2017 And 2018 Teachers : Other Batches To Follow Soon
- GES Non Teaching Staff Recruitment Application Procedures
- GES Auxiliary Staff Recruitment 2020 Application Procedures
- Instant TIN Number Registration At No Cost
Generally responsible for the effective and efficient implementation of Government—approved pre-tertiary educational policies and programmes at the regional or national levels of education at the direction of the Director-General.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical advice on matters relating to pre-tertiary educational policies and programmes at the regional or national level of education.
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of pre-tertiary educational policies and programmes at the regional or national level of education.
- Lead the assessment of the implementation of pre-tertiary educational policies and programmes at the regional or national level of education. d)Lead the development and implementation of systems for the monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes at the regional or national level of education.
- Exercise oversight responsibility for the efficient and effective management of human, material and financial resources of the Ghana Education Service at regional or national level.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of annual and other periodic reports of the region or the division.
- Ensure the implementation of performance management policies in the region or the division.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A serving certified professional teacher in the Ghana Education Service.
- A minimum of lour (4) years’ work experience in administration in the grade of Director
- Satisfactory work history with proven performance and exemplary conduct.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Educational Management or any related field.
- Extensive leatiershtp. networking, monitoring and management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiating, lobbying and conflict management skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in pre-tertiary educational policies and related
- Extensive knowledge of the operations of the Ghana Education Service and Allied Institutions
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills
- Emotional stability and ability to cope with pressure
- Good knowledge of public financial management laws and regulations.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Knowledge of relevant IT applications.
- High integrity, confidentiality, firm and fair.
- Excellent report writing skills.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
Applicants should be able to serve for a minimum of four (4) years on appointment before reaching the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60) years. Salary and conditions of service are as laid down by the Ghana Education. Service.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- An applicant should complete six (6) copies of the APPLICATION FORMS which can be picked from the various Regional directorates and attach a recent passport size photograph.
- Each set of Application Forms must he accompanied by six (6) copies of STAFF PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL REPORTS issued by the Applicant’s Regional! Divisional Director
- A detailed statement of the applicant’s vision and strategy for the position (not more than 5-6 double spaced pages), Curriculum Vitae, office and residential telephone numbers, e-mail address as well as the contact information of three (3) referees should be forwarded, together with the completed application forms, to:
PUBLIC SERVICES COMMISSION
P. O. BOX GP 1618
The deadline for the submission of applications is 14th August, 2020