Recruitment Of Health Program Coordinator At Ghana Health and Education Initiative. Ghana Health and Education Initiative (GHEI) is recruiting for a Health Program Coordinator (HPC) to be based in Humjibre, Ghana.
Kindly share this article to inform others. There is a whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section.
- Ongoing Nestle Ghana Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment At Reputabe Organization
- Recruitment Of Accountants At Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Recruitment Of IT Auditor At NFORTICS 2020
- AngloGold Ashanti Recruitment
- Check Out All Available Jobs Here >>> All Available This Month <<<
About The Job
This position entails working with GHEI’s local health staff to plan, implement, and monitor a range of community-based health activities. The primary focus will be on managing and the future development of the Mother Mentor Program, which aims to improve maternal health and early child health and development. The HPC will be the program lead, working with local staff and US-based consultants to ensure the success of the program.
The HPC will also be responsible for overseeing the Malaria Prevention and Handwashing with Soap at Schools Programs. In addition, the HPC plans and facilitates health evaluation and outreach projects carried out by short-term volunteer groups during the summer months and pediatric residents, during the spring.
Reports To: In Ghana, this position reports to GHEI’s Country Director. Functionally, the HPC will report to the remote-based Technical Expert for Health who will provide development guidance.
Duration: Only applicants willing to commit to at least 13 months should apply. Your first 15 days will involve remote-based onboarding, training and analysis with members of GHEI’s Global Support Team of volunteers, including: GHEI’s Executive Director and Maternal and Child Health technical experts.
- Program Management and Development (60%)
- Lead the health team in the management and implementation of the Mother Mentor Program
- Oversee the Malaria Prevention and Handwashing with Soap at Schools Programs
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of all health programs ?
- Plan and manage short-term volunteer health projects by planning suitable projects, writing itineraries and project-specific handbooks, and assisting with onsite logistics and emotional support
- Work with medical volunteers to implement annual health trainings and evaluations
- Support in fund development activities for health, including writing and developing grant proposals, sponsorship packages and exploring collaborative partnerships
- Interface regularly with target communities and local government agencies; network with local government agencies to integrate and align GHEI health programs with existing government health priorities and strategies ?
- Support GHEI’s fund development efforts by participating in fundraising campaign support (as needed), grant research and proposal development efforts and funder relations (report-writing and correspondence).
- Ensure the delivery of a quality donor experience to all GHEI health program donors
- Generate reports for internal use, funders, and local government agencies
- Create and monitor budgets and expenses for all health programs
Capacity Building (15%)?
- Mentor and build management capacity of two local Health Program Administrators (HPAs) through formal and informal trainings and activities as they take on more of a leadership role within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably a Masters in a related field (e.g. Public Health, International Health) ?
- Knowledge and experience in maternal and child health care ?
- Minimum 1 year of project management experience, preferably in a developing country
- Strong preference for candidates familiar with logic models and program design specifics
- Experience with data analysis generating descriptive statistics (Excel is sufficient)
- Knowledge and experience in proposal writing ?
- Familiarity with creating budgets and tracking expenditures ?
- Fluency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel ?
- Ability to live and work in a low-resource environment with limited internet capabilities ?and intermittent power outages ?
- Demonstrated cross-cultural awareness ?
- Excellent spoken and written English ?
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with all stakeholders in Ghana and staff in the US ?
- Commitment to the highest professional standards, ethics, and values ?
- Resilient, patient, flexible, and willing to perform a wide variety of tasks as they arise ?
- Commitment to building local capacity and working within established local systems, structures, and cultural norms ?
- Ability to work in close collaboration with the HPAs and as part of a multicultural team
- The HPC will receive a monthly salary that is comparable to other NGOs in the region. Before applying, we encourage you to reach out about salary
- The HPC will also receive: free housing on-site, a local sim card, and 25 days holiday a year. The HPC will be reimbursed for all program related transportation and other costs.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should Send Application (CV and Cover Letter, and a list of 3 references (including their email) ) to the following email: [email protected]
- The subject of the email should be “HPC-Your Name”
- Applications without all three requirements will not be considered.
The application period will remain open until we find the right person.