Here is the Ghana Immigration Service Salary and Rank Structure 2020 / 2021. In this article, you will find how much personnel in Ghana Immigration Service (GIS ) are paid monthly as salary.
Ghana Immigration Service Salary Structure
The Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) personnel are paid based on the newly introduced Single Spine Salary Structure (SSSS) implemented in 2010. The Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) salary is also paid according to ranks in the service. As such your rank also determines how much you are paid. A graduate recruit in the Ghana Immigration Service earns more than an Immigration officer with WASSCE or SSCE.
Therefore the average salary Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) personnel is GHS 1500.
Ghana Immigration Service Rank
The Ghana Immigration Service has an organized command which begins from the most senior officer down to junior officer. The Comptroller General of Immigration services is the highest rank, The rank insignia of the Comptroller General of Immigration services has four symbols with a lapel badge, The official cap of the The Comptroller General of Immigration services has double laurel leaves and the Ghana Immigration services logo. Below are the detailed ranks of the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) from the most senior officer down to junior officer:
- Comptroller-General of Immigration
- Deputy Comptroller-General of Immigration
- Commissioner of Immigration
- Deputy Commissioner of Immigration
- Assistant Commissioner of Immigration
- Chief Superintendent of Immigration
- Superintendent of Immigration
- Deputy Superintendent of Immigration
- Assistant Superintendent of Immigration
- Assistant Inspector
- Immigration Control Officer
- Assistant Immigration Control Officer I
- Assistant Immigration Control Officer II