Here is the Ghana Police Service Salary Structure & Rank. Ghana Police Salary are structured according to their ranks. In this article, you will find how much personnel in Ghana Police earn per month.
Kindly share with the whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section
You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Ghana Police Service Salary Structure
The Ghana Police Service personnel are paid based on the newly introduced Single Spine Salary Structure (SSSS) implemented in 2010. The Ghana Police Service salary is also paid according to ranks in the service. As such your rank also determines how much you are paid. A graduate recruit in the Ghana Police Service earns more than an regular officer with WASSCE or SSCE.
The higher your rank, the higher your pay. The Salary of the Ghana Police is not made public, however the least ranking officer in the Ghana Police takes an average salary of GHS 1500.
In addition to that, depending on your rank and responsibilities, there are allowances and bonuses that are added to the salary of Police Personnel.
- Check Police Aptitude Test Exams & Interview Date
- Check Ghana Police Service Aptitude Test Exams Questions & Answers
- Ghana Police Aptitude Test Exams Guidelines & How To Easily Pass
Ghana Police Service Rank
The Police rank structure has a chain of command similar to the British Police ranks structure, arranged in descending order
The Ghana Police, Navy and Airforce Rank structure has an organized chain of command. The Ghana Police, Navy and Airforce rank are divided into two categories, the Officers, and Enlisted Officers. These ranks can be divided into commissioned and non-commissioned officers.
These are managers and key influencers and planners who lead Enlisted Soldiers in all situations. Police Officers are responsible for leading and training enlisted.
Police Enlisted Officers
A Police Enlisted Officer is an officer who is given authority by an officer, but he or she is not considered to be in command.
Police Officers Ranks
The Ghana Police has 10 ranks for officers with General being the highest rank and Second Lieutenant being the lowest rank. Below is the list of Police commissioned officers ranks:
- Inspector General of Police (IGP) = A Star surrounded by leaves and two eagles facing each other and one other Star
- Deputy Inspector General (D/IGP) = A Star surrounded by leaves and two eagles facing each other
- Commissioner of Police (COP) – A Star surrounded by leaves and two Stars
- Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCOP) – A Star surrounded by leaves and by one other Star
- Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) – A Star surrounded by leaves
- Chief Superintendent of Police (C/Supt) – Two Eagles facing each other by one other Star
- Superintendent (Supt) – Two eagles facing each other
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) = ★★★[3 Stars]
- Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP)= ★★[2 Stars]
- Chief Inspector = ★[1 Stars]
Police Enlisted / Junior Officers Ranks
There are other ranks in the Ghana Police for Enlisted officers. these are as listed below:
- Chief Inspector (C/Inspr) – Four white metal bars with Black Star in the centre
- Inspector (Inpr) – Three white metal bars with Star in the centre
- Regiment Sergeant Major (RSM) – Coat of Arms in the form of a metal badge worn on both sleeves
- District Sergeant Major (DSM) – A Star surrounded by leaves in a form of a metal badge worn on the left sleeve
- Sergeant (Sgt) – Three V-shaped stripes worn on both sleeves
- Corporal (Cpl) – Two V-shaped stripes worn on both sleeves
- Lance Corporal (L/Cpl) – One V-shaped stripes worn on both sleeves
Ghana Police Salary 2021/2022/2023/2024, Ghana Police Rank Structure 2021/2022/2023/2024, Ghana Police Service Salary 2021/2022/2023/2024, Ghana Police Service Rank Structure 2021/2022/2023/2024