The Ghana Statistical Service has officially rescheduled the 2020 Population and Housing Census due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This was made known by Government Statistician, Professor Samuel Annim at a press conference.He further stated that the GSS will announce a new date after consulting all stakeholders.
He stated that 75,000 enumerators and supervisors are being trained through electronic means in preparation for the exercise. This was made known with the statement:
“June 28, 2020, as the Census Night has been rescheduled…We need to put together over 75,000 enumerators and supervisors and train them [for the exercise].”
Kindly share to inform others. There is a whatsapp share button below the article.
- Ghana Statistical Service Population And Housing Census (PHC) Recruitment Schedule
- Check GSS Population Census (PHC) Shortlisted / Selected Applicants (Enumerators List) 2020 And Schedule
- GSS Population And Housing Census Recruitment Application Procedure
- Full Details: 2016, 2017 And 2018 Batch Of Trained Teachers Are To Submit Documents For Posting
- Apply For Scholarship In Ghana And Abroad Using Government’s Online Application Process
- Massive Judicial Service of Ghana Recruitment 2020
- Apply: Business And Administrative Job Vacancies (May Week 1 Onward) – 19 Vacancies
- Ongoing Local Government Service ( LGS ) Recruitment 2020
- Ongoing Ghana Revenue Authority ( GRA ) Recruitment 2020
- Accra College of Education Recruitment 2020
The Population and Housing Census
The census was initially scheduled to begin on March 15, 2020, with the first two weeks expected to be used for listing. This process involves the zoning and coding of the number of houses and structures to be captured for the 2020 census.
However, observations from the completed field census mapping exercise necessitated the initial change in date to June 28 2020.
The GSS had already begun recruitment of field personnel for the census before the covid-19 pandemic led to the ban on social gathering and other public activities.
State institutions such as the Electoral Commission and the National Identification Authority had equally been forced to suspend its plan to compile a new voters’ register for the December 2020 general elections and the Ghana Card registration exercise in the Eastern Region respectively.
You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
You can also join our Telegram forum to make all your enquiries known. Here is the forum: >>> Job Vacancies Announcement And Discussion Forum <<<