Here is the ongoing Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) Recruitment Of Trainers And Pre-Certification Training application procedures. The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) on its official Facebook page announced the Recruitment Of Trainers And Pre-Certification Training for the 2021 Population And Housing Census (PHC). The release reads as follows:
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
- GSS Interview Questions and Answers
- Ghana Statistical Service Recruitment Application Procedure
- Check And Download GSS Population Census (PHC) Shortlisted / Selected Applicants (Enumerators List)
- GSS PHC 2020 Commencement, Interviews, Training Date And Schedule
- The training will certify participants as professional trainers who have the communication, management, and leadership skills to effectively train others on a large and complex scale and qualify them as trainers for the upcoming Population and Housing Census and future censuses.
- The pre-certification of trainers will make them eligible for participation in training for other national censuses and surveys of the Ghana Statistical Service which include but not limited to the periodic conduct of agriculture censuses and surveys, economic censuses and surveys, Ghana Living Standards Survey, Demographic and Health Surveys and the Multiple Indicator Cluster Surveys.
- Trainers with the requisite background and knowledge will be the preferred option for GSS in the recruitment of field monitors and report writers. This is a unique advantage in the circumstance of a job search with the Service and other government agencies, research institutions, and academic institutions.
Trainers can progress from regional trainers through national trainers to earn certification as master trainers.
Roles and Responsibilities of Trainers
• Conducting effective training of field personnel
• Planning and supervision of field practice
• Managing logistics
• Daily reporting and feedback
• Administering scheduled assessments
• Daily classroom management and supervision
• Enforcing adherence to health (COVID-19) protocols (for in-person trainings)
• A postgraduate degree or equivalent experience as trainer for censuses/surveys
• A teaching background will be an added advantage
Requirements for Online Application
Applicants will have the choice to select the National Training Certification (for trainers of other trainers) or Regional Training Certification (for trainers of field officers) when applying.
1. Residential address including digital address
2. Employment status and experience (if any)
3. Age, sex, nationality
4. National ID (passport, driving license, voters ID or national ID)
5. Personal and emergency contact person’s phone numbers
6. Email address
7. Most recent digital or electronic passport size picture with white background (not more than three months old)
8. Copy of most recent certificate
Application Procedures : How To Apply
GSS therefore, invites interested persons who are meticulous and goal-oriented with leadership qualities to follow the application procedures below to apply. There are no fees required to apply.
- Eligible persons should apply online through the Ghana Statistical Service Recruitment Portal at: https://phc2020.statsghana.gov.gh
Applicants may contact GSS on 0591476893, 0206850157 or 0551625567 from 8 am – 8 pm or email [email protected] for further information and clarification
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until 25th September 2020 for National Trainers and 23rd October for Regional Trainers.
About The Ghana Statistical Service Recruitment Of Trainers And Pre-Certification Training
Pre-Certification of Trainers for Censuses Recruitment Notice.
In accordance with the objectives of Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) provision of quality, relevant, accurate and timely statistical information for the purpose of national development, as stipulated in Clause 3 of the Statistical Service Act, 2019 (Act 1003), and oversight of capacity building in the statistical ecosystem, GSS routinely engages data collection personnel in the discharge of its duties. The engagement of field staff is preceded by trainings aimed at equipping trainees with the knowledge, understanding and application of the instruments for data collection.
Due to the recurrence of this activity in the conduct of national censuses and surveys, GSS has resolved to certify trainers to engender the following: continuous learning, retraining and coaching; a three way (GSS, field staff and respondents) trust building; equitable distribution of trainers across localities and enumeration areas; creation of a a pool of trainers
to be used by all data collection institutions; and institute a career development path for trainers.
The pre-certification programme will equip selected applicants with the tools to effectively communicate key concepts to other trainers and to enumerators. In addition, critical topics such
as presentation skills, virtual presentation skills, classroom management, leadership and management and communicating effectively will be part of the training content.
The upcoming population and housing census will be used to launch the maiden programme for the certification of trainers for data collection in Ghana. This training programme will combine virtual with in-person modules and will run from 5th October 2020 to 5th February 2021 for National Trainers and from 7th November 2020 to 5th March 2021 for Regional Trainers.