Here are images and specifications of the Laptops To Be Distributed To All Teachers In Ghana. The Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT), National Association of Graduate Teachers (NAGRAT) and the Coalition of Concerned Teachers (CCT) in collaboration with the government of Ghana are to distribute laptops to enhance teaching standards and complement the implementation of the common core curriculum.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Group >>> Teacher Discussion Forum <<
About The Laptops GNAT, NAGRAT, CCT , Government Laptop Distribution
The aim of the laptop distribution initiative is to help teachers get abreast with IT advancement in the education sector.
In the newly introduced curriculum, both the standard-based and common core programmes are computer-oriented hence the need for every teacher to own a laptop.
This is to help in researching topics and gathering more facts on unknown or topics that the teacher has less knowledge about.
Teachers are to pay 30% of the amount while the government pays the remaining 70%. The actual cost of one laptop is GH₵1550.
Specification And Cost Of The GNAT, NAGRAT, CCT , Government Laptop
- The government of Ghana will pay an amount of GH₵1085 while interested teachers will pay GH₵465 thus GH₵38.75 per month for 12 months, this will be deducted every month for a period of 12 months.
- As teachers are to pay 465gh over a period of one year. It will be deducted from the Controller and Accountant General’s Department (CAGD).
Features Of The GNAT, NAGRAT, CCT , Government Laptop
The GNAT, NAGRAT, CCT , Government customized laptop built to the teacher union’s specifications. Specs :
- Celeron 4020 processor (equivalent to Core i3 Intel processor; Core i3 are known to be lower tiered processors but highly energy efficient )
- Internal memory: 500GB
- RAM : 4GB (Very ok by today’s standards)
- Graphics: UHD 600
- Battery : 10000mAH (Quite long lasting in places with limited electricity backup)
- The laptops comes equipped with include a sample of lesson notes, the scheme of learning, curriculum from KG to SHS, Labour act, code of conduct, the education bill, teacher standards, textbooks, Ghana’ constitution, et’al.
- Teacher unions went in for a laptop that performs basic tasks thrown at it.
Images Of The Laptops To Be Distributed To All Teachers In Ghana