The Ministry of Education announces through its Director of Communications the purchase of beds, mattresses and chairs to be distributed to schools across the country.
In a statement issued November 22, Ekow Vincent Assafuah said the items are to aid the government’s social welfare programme, Free Senior High School education.
He stated that Ejisuman SHS, Achinakrom SHS, Sakafia Islamic SHS, Oppong Memorial SHS, Gyaama Pensan SHTS, Dadease Agric SHS, Bechem Presby SHS, Odomaseman SHS, Bole SHS, Walewale SHS, Bawku SHTS, Sandema SHTS, Three Town SHS, Aveyime-Battor SHS, Vakpo SHS, Have Technical Institute and Half Assini SHS are among some of the beneficiaries.
The beds which are made of metal, the ministry explained that it is a way of fighting bedbugs which is become very rampant in the Senior High Schools.
“The choice of using metals instead of wood for the beds in recent times is a way to fight bedbug infestations in our second cycle schools beyond this, the ministry embarks on routine fumigation in our schools to fight the bedbug menace.”
The Official Statement Is As Below
- Ongoing Parliamentary Service of Ghana Recruitment 2020
- Full Details: NABCO To Begin Recruitment Of 100,000 Trainees
- Apply Here: Ghana Statistical Service Reopens Application For Fie...
- Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Interview Questions And Answers For...
- GES Recruitment 2019/2020 New Application Procedures
- About 27,000 Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff To Be Recruited In 2...