The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) has the pleasure to engage you as an Enumerator for the 2021 Population and Housing Census (PHC).
This engagement shall take effect upon successful completion of the Enumerators training programme from the 1st to 11th June, 2021. The period or engagement will bc from 13th June to 16th July 2021. All field work should be completed and returnable items handed over to the Field Supervisor (FS) no later than three (3) days after the end of data collection in your assigned Enumeration Area (EA).
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Your responsibilities include the following:
- Ascertain boundaries of your assigned EA using the provided maps and their descriptions (PHC 2);
- List all structures and enumerate all persons in the assigned EA by obtaining complete and accurate responses and capturing them correctly using the CAPI application;
- Transmit data on completed records to the FS daily;
- Correct all error messages as communicated by the District Data Quality Management
- Team (DDQMT) to ensure complete and accurate listing and enumeration;
- Take responsibility and account for the security of all census materials and equipment assigned to you;
- Support Census publicity, education and advocacy activities in the EA, including the organization of Census Night celebrations;
- Report on daily progress of work to the FS;
- Promptly apprise the FS of any issues, developments or risks that might affect
- complete, accurate and timely listing and enumeration in your area;
- Strictly observe COVID-19 related health and safety as stipulated and
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Field Supervisor.
- Furthermore, you shall ensure that:
- All field logistics arc securely kept and judiciously used; and Your tablet and accessories and all returnable materials are handed over to your FS promptly upon completion of the listing and enumeration exercise.
- You shall be paid a lump sum of Two thousand Five hundred and Twenty Ghana Cedis (GhC2,520.00) upon successful completion of your tasks.
- You shall be paid an initial amount of GhC760.00) during Listing and GhC1,760 upon successful completion and issuance of a clearance certificate by the District Field Supervisor (DES)
- NB: Payments to all Field Officers in a team shall be conditioned on completion of all tasks due to the entire team.
Offences and Penalties
- If you should at any time during the period of your engagement:
- Engage in any form of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Gender Based Violence,
Engage in any other form of misconduct,
Withdraw prematurely from and/or abandon your duties and responsibilities — barring a verifiable emergency or prior written permission by an authorized person,
- Exhibit unsatisfactory/substandard performance,
Solicit funds from households/respondents or members of the public, Damage or misplace any returnable item, Allow an unauthorized person do the assigned work on your behalf, Breach confidentiality of information provided by the respondents or other personal information gained during the execution of your work in the assigned area; As a consequence, all ofthe following penalties shall apply:
- You shall be discharged promptly from this assignment; You shall lose all entitlements such as any outstanding payments, or required to refund part of monies already paid to you; iii. You shall also face further disciplinary action as deemed necessary.
Thank you for your continued interest and efforts to take part in this important national exercise.