As the interview for the shortlisted applicants for the 2021 population and Housing Census has come to an end. The next line of action is to organize training for the regional trainers and this will commence from 17th May to 26th May 2021, 4 pm across Ghana.
Afterwards The training list for physical training of field officers are expected to be out by the 31st of this month. As such The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) has secured training venues in a number of tertiary institutions across the country. It will however be full-time residential training. Download the trainers’ timetable HERE
- GSS Contract For Enumerators & Supervisors – Final Payment Arrangements
- GSS Final List of Selected Trainees For PHC Fieldwork
- GSS New Vital Information Concerning The Population and Housing Census
- GSS PHC Training Exams Guide
- GSS PHC Training Centre Registration Guidelines For Enumerators & Trainers
Shortlisted Applicants: What To Do After GSS Interviews
Shortlisted applicants who attended the interview are to note that the various District Census Officers (DCOs) have submitted the list to headquarters. The training list of field officers is expected to be out before the 31st of this month. Individuals are to note that messages will be sent inviting qualified persons who made it through the interview to attend the training.
The Official Release
Communication to Master and National Trainers and Prospective Regional
Trainers on the Face-to-Face Training of Regional Trainers
Dear All, We thank you for your interest in the 2021 Population and Housing Census and the time and efforts invested thus far. Management is grateful for your commitment. We write to provide some advance information on the upcoming training of Regional Trainers scheduled to enable you plan accordingly. Kindly take note of the following:
1. The training will be fulltime residential training.
2. Allowances for Master/National Trainers and abated per diem for all will be paid based on attendance and punctuality.
3. There will be breakfast, lunch and snack served from the second to last day of training. Supper will be provided on the first day.
4. Official invitation letters will be sent to selected trainees for the face-to-face training by COB Saturday 15th May.
5. Reporting time is 2 p.m. on Monday 17th May and training starts at 4 p.m. on that same day.
6. Departure will be the morning of Wednesday 26th May.
7. The Ghana Statistical Service has secured training venues in a number of tertiary institutions across the country. The following are the requirements for the use of the training venues: a. Possibility of pairing the prospective Regional Trainers in a room. b. Necessity of coming along with bedding particularly bed sheets. c. Payment of a one-off financial compensation for prospective Regional Trainers who will be paired in a room.
8. The tentative training venues are attached.
9. Official confirmation of the venues will be communicated by COB on 15th May. Contact numbers for focal persons at the training venues will be provided when confirming the training venues.
10.Permission letters addressed to employers will be made available upon request.
11.A Google form was shared for Regional Trainers to indicate their availability for the programme or otherwise so please remember to fill it.
12.For further information, prospective Regional Trainers should contact their National Trainers and National Trainers should contact their RFS/RS. For enquiries that have to be escalated to HQ, kindly contact Mr. Patrick Adzovor (0244-884-352) or Mr. Moses Ansah (0244-539-034).
REGIONAL TRAINING CENTRES