The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) expresses its appreciation for your interest in the 2021 Population and Housing Census (PHC), you have now been selected to participate in a 10-day training of Field Officers scheduled to take place from 1st to 10th June, 2021 in your district. If you are selected as a supervisor, you will have to participate in an additional one day of training for supervisors.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
GSS PHC Training Requirements / Documents
You are to bring along a valid NHIS card and any other government-issued photo ID card.
GSS PHC Training Schedule
- The training is non-residential and runs from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily. A day prior to the start of the training (31st May 2021), you are expected to report at 12 noon at the training venue to go through registration and administrative procedures.
- On the first day of training (1st June 2021), you are expected to report between 6:00 a.m., as an hour and half (up to 7:30 a.m.) is allocated for breakfast and sharing of materials; subsequently, breakfast will be served between 6:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m.
- A contract will be made available for you to sign on the first day of training, clearly specifying the terms of engagement.
- For further information, contact the District Census Officers for clarification.
- If you fail to report as required, you will forfeit your slot to others on the waiting list.
GSS PHC Training List Selection Criteria
Through the online application platform, more than 206,000 applicants successfully submitted their applications. This heightened the competition for the selection of Field Officers (enumerators and supervisors) for the 2021 PHC. Following the desktop screening of the applications, in-person interviews and considerations of locality and language representation
GSS PHC Total Payment & Allowances
However, if you undergo the training successfully, you will be deployed as a field officer to undertake complete listing of structures and enumeration of persons in your assigned area. Enumerators and supervisors will be paid a lumpsum of GH₵2,520.00 and GH₵2,940.00 respectively for the listing and enumeration exercises.
Some Applicants To Be Put On Awaiting List
A number of field Officers will be put on awaiting list. Some field Officers will be placed on a waiting list pending the availability of a vacancy.
Such persons are to stay alert because they may be called on Monday 31st May to register and join the training should there be a vacancy. Persons are therefore encouraged to be prepared in any event.