The Covid-19 pandemic negatively affected a lot of businesses in Ghana. As such in the Government’s ninth address to the nation, the President Nana Akufo Addo, iterated that government was making efforts to lessen the burden that the pandemic has brought to businesses. The president noted that there will be a soft loan scheme to a tune of GHS 600 million to be rolled out by the National Board for Small Scale Industries (NBSSI), Business & Trade Associations and selected Commercial and Rural Banks in Ghana.
Here is how to apply for Government’s coronavirus stimulus / incentives package for Businesses And Individuals. Lets start with who qualifies for the stimulus package then how they can apply for it.
Kindly share with the whatsapp share button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Which Businesses and Individuals Qualify For Government Coronavirus Stimulus Package (Criteria And Eligibility)
As stated by the Deputy Minister for Finance, Mrs. Abena Osei Asare, businesses and individuals will be given a low interest loan. To qualify for the loan, you should meet the following criteria:
- You or your business should belong to a recognised trade group/union
- You or your business should be registered as a taxpayer with a valid Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- You or your business should have a working bank account or mobile money wallet
- You or your business should be operating in the following areas:
- Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
- Agri-businesses and Agro-businesses – food and beverages incl.
- Water and Sanitation/PPEs
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Textiles and Garments
- Other Services
How To Apply For Government’s Coronavirus Stimulus Package For Businesses And Individuals
- Start by checking the stated criteria above and make sure you meet all the stated criteria
- Afterwards, call 0302747777.
- You can as well visit any of the NBSSI Business Resource Centers.
- Or the National Board for Small Scale Industries (NBSSI) Website Here, Note that application/registration through the NBSSI is not yet enabled so use the aforementioned medium.
- Afterwards Answer all questions for your business or individual information to be taken for processing
- You will then be given a Unique Reference Code via text message and email
- Afterwards, you will be sent another text message to give you the go-ahead to continue with your loan application
- You can then use the received Unique Reference Code to continue with the loan application