Check Polling UnitINECINEC 2023 ElectionINEC 2023 ElectionsVoters Card Verification
How To Check Polling Unit Online
Here is How To Check Polling Unit Online for the 2023 General election.
The INEC Polling Unit Online Portal voters.inecnigeria.org and https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/ are open for checking of Polling Unit for the 2023 General elections.
This page provides the procedures to follow to check your polling unit online on the INEC website.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section, We will be very pleased to answer you.
About How To Check Polling Unit Online
- INEC has announced to all eligible voters to check and know their polling unit online before the commencement of elections on February 25th 2023.
- There are two ways to check and verify your Polling Unit Online: The first is by sending text message to INEC dedicated numbers, The second is through INEC Polling Unit Verification Portal.
- You should go to your polling unit before election day.
- The INEC election will be in accordance with the Continuous Accreditation and Voting System (CAVS) procedure specified in the new Regulations and Guidelines, the Election Manual, and any other Guide issued by INEC
How To Check Polling Unit Online
- First visit the INEC Polling Unit Online portal at: voters.inecnigeria.org or https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/pu
- Proceed to select your state, local government, registration area and polling unit
- Click on the “Get Directions” button to get directions to your voting location
- Afterwards use the map displayed on your phone to locate your polling unit
- Note that the directions displayed are approximations.
INEC Polling Unit Verification Portal
- First visit the INEC Polling Unit Online Verification Portal: https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/vvs
- Proceed select your state of registration, last name, first name, and date of birth
- Then to click the check status button
- Your details will be displayed including your LGA, polling unit and polling unit code written in the format: 39-14-08-041 with the last part of the code as the polling unit code.
INEC Polling Unit Verification By SMS
- First open your text messaging app on your phone
- Then type your State, Last name & last 6 digits of your VIN to 09062830860 or 09062830861 for your Polling Unit name: Example FCT Magaji 445322.
INEC Voting Requirements & Guidelines
- Voters can only vote in the polling units where their name has been enlisted in the Register of Voters.
- Only individuals who register and present a valid Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC) at their polling units will be allowed to vote at the election.
- Voters are allowed to go to the polling unit with telephones and other electronic devices, However, phones are not allowed in the voting cubicles nor can they be used to take pictures of other voters while voting.
- Voters are not allowed to make any mark on the ballot paper for any form of identification. According to INEC, if any voter does so, such ballot papers will be rejected.
- You would be allowed to cast vote in any polling unit other than the one where you were registered or assigned.
- BVAS will be used to verify the PVC of eligible voters before they cast their votes.
INEC Election Date
- Presidential & National Assembly Elections date is 25th February 2023
- Governorship & State Houses of Assembly Elections date is 11th March 2023
INEC Election Time
- Voter accreditation and voting commences at 8:30 am
INEC Voting Process
- The accreditation process will include the checking of the PVC of eligible voters, positive identification of the voter in the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS), authentication of the voter by matching their fingerprints or face (facial recognition) using the BVAS, positive identification of the voter in the Register of Voters; among others.
- Where a voter cannot be identified by the BVAS using all the methods outlined in the new Regulations or where the voter’s fingerprint or face cannot be matched with the details in the BVAS, after 3 trials, the electoral commission said that such a voter would not be allowed to vote.
- After accreditation eligible voters would then proceed to vote