The Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT), has officially extended the deadline to allow members who are yet to merge their SSNIT to Ghana Card to do so within the new time frame.
The deadline for the SSNIT And Ghana Card Merger which was opened from 28th June last year is therefore extended from the initial 31st December deadline to Thursday, 30th June. This will make it a year for the exercise.
SNNIT announces to all members who are yet to merge their SSNIT to Ghana Card to do so by Thursday, 30th June as there will be no further extension beyond the 30th June deadline.
All workers who make contributions to SSNIT are to ensure that their SSNIT numbers are merged to the Ghana Card to ensure smooth transactions with SSNIT.
Kindly Share With Others, Use The Whatsapp Button Below This Article.
About SSNIT And Ghana Card Merge
- From Friday, 1st July, the Ghana Card will be the only means of identifications recognized by SSNIT as it replaces the SSNIT numbers and SNNIT Card.
- This directive complies with Regulation 7 (1) of the National Identity Register Regulations. 2012 LI 2111 which requires the use of the Ghana Card as identification for transactions with respect to pensions and social security.
- Employers will be required to use only the NIA numbers of their workers to process Contribution Reports and make payments.
- Voluntary contributors will also be required to pay their contributions using their NIA numbers.
- Members who fail to merge their SSNIT and NIA numbers will be unable to access pensions and other social security related services from SSNIT
How To Merge SSNIT And Ghana Card
SSNIT Number And Ghana Card Linking Requirements & How To Check Status
SSNIT And Ghana Card Merger Deadline
- Deadline for the SSNIT And Ghana Card Merger is Thursday, 30th June
- There will be no further extension beyond the 30th June deadline.