The Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) has released guidelines on how charging entities should reverse wrong E levy Charge or refunds between May 1st and June 30th under Modified Phased Approach implementation of the E levy.
This is as stated in a release by the Commissioner-General of GRA, Ammishaddai Owusu-Amoah and addressed to all charging entities (MTN, Vodafone, AirtelTigo, Banks etc).
Kindly share with the whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enquiries, let us know in the comment section
You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
About How To Reverse Wrong E Levy Charge
- The E-Levy implementation commenced on 1st May under a phased approach. Thus the implementation of the E Levy is in phases
- Under this approach, all “on- net” transfers (transfers on the same network provider) and “off-net” transfers (transfers between different network provider) will attract an e-levy charge.
- Also transfers to own accounts will be charged for this period, although the policy initially stated that transfers to own accounts would not be charged.
- However, Charging Entities are to exempt “on-net” transfers (transfers on the same network provider) between accounts owned by the same person where the identity of the person can be determined.
- These Charges are due to technical challenges with the implementation of the E levy policy.
E Levy Wrong Charge Reversal – Refund Guidelines
- Due to this the Commissioner-General of GRA, Ammishaddai Owusu–Amoah has released guidelines to charging entities to address challenges with wrong Charges.
- The E Levy Wrong Charge Refund Guidelines are to assist the entities on how to handle the refunds for the Modified Phased Approach period until all stakeholders start using a common platform.
Requirements for E Levy Wrong Charge Reversal
- A transferor must provide proof (Ghana Card or other National Identification Card including Passport, Driving License etc) to the Charging Entity that the receiving account is his/her own account, In such instance the charging entity shall use their internal processes to process the reversal/refund.
What Charges Qualify For Reversal
- Charges on On-Net transfers (transfers on the same network provider) between accounts owned by the same person where the identity of the person can be determined are eligible for reversal.
How To Reverse Wrong E Levy Charge
If you meet the stated requirement above ie if you made an On-Net transfers (transfers on the same network) between accounts owned by you where you have proof (Ghana Card or other National Identification Card including Passport, Driving License etc) then do the following
- Call the call center of your service provider and report the wrong transaction
- Then provide proof of identity (Ghana Card, National Identification Card including Passport, Driving License etc)
- Wait for the wrong charge to be reversed
Does E Levy Affect Withdrawal
- No, e levy only affects money transfers and not withdrawals
The Official Release
The Official Release as sighted by us reads as follows
- How To Reverse Wrong E Levy Charge 2022/2023, How To Request For E Levy Refund For Wrong Deduction 2022/2023, How To Reverse Wrong E Levy Deduction 2022/2023, Does E Levy Affect Withdrawal