Here is the Gea.gov.gh Youstart Portal and how to apply for the YouStart Ghana Initiative.
The Ghana Enterprises Agency (GEA) tasked with the implementation of the Entrepreneurship Training and Grant Support under Ghana Jobs and Skills Project (GJSP) will provide training to 50,000 youth and deploy financial support to 5,000 selected youth who successfully undergo training up to the intermediate level.
Kindly share with the whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enquiries, let us know in the comment section
You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
About Gea.gov.gh Youstart Portal
- The Ghana Enterprises Agency is tasked with the implementation of the Entrepreneurship Training and Grant Support under Component 2.1 of the World Bank Funded Ghana Jobs and Skills Project (GJSP).
- The Gea.gov.gh Youstart Project is aimed at supporting skills development and job creation in Ghana.
What Does YouStart Offer
- Training: The project provides Skill Development, Entrepreneurial Support and Business Advisory Services
- Funding: The project provides access to Credit facility and Starter Packs
- Enterprise Promotion: The project provides Mentoring and access to markets, to facilitate business cooperation between youth- led enterprises, other businesses and Government agencies.
About YouStart Entrepreneurship Training
- The GEA will provide entrepreneurship training to about 50,000 youth and early adults who have the potential to start a business.
- This will be done through three levels of entrepreneurship training namely: basic, intermediate, and advanced.
Nature Of YouStart Entrepreneurship Training
- The training will be based on standardized, quality-assured packages in different locations nationwide. All training will be delivered using an experiential participatory approach conducive for adult learning and will also be district based and non-residential.
- Advanced training participants will receive mentoring and coaching support, which includes guidance to prepare business plans, meet business registration and licensing requirements, and connect with input and output markets. Short duration internship, mentoring and guidance sessions would be arranged for some selected beneficiaries.
About YouStart Competitive Business Start-up Grants
- The Grants will provide financial support to selected youth who successfully undergo training up to the intermediate level.
- The Start-up Grants will be available to individuals and self-formed groups, majority-owned by Ghanaians, with high potential to succeed in business, and operating in any of the non-resource-based sectors.
The start-up grants will be given for the following: