MTN Ghana has issued a disclaimer following circulation on social media platforms concerning ” How To Register MTN Sim Card Without Visiting Registration Center “.
Management of MTN wishes to inform the general public that it has not enabled any online MTN SIM Registration Portal for the ongoing SIM Registration with the Ghana card which strictly involves dialing a shortcode as the first phase and visiting the registration centers to finalize the registration, as the second phase.
Content of such publications are not related to the SIM Registration Process with the Ghana card as mandated by the National Communications Authority (NCA).
Kindly share with the whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enquiries, let us know in the comment section
Disclaimer On How To Register MTN Sim Card Without Visiting Registration Center
MTN Ghana’s attention has been drawn to a link (https://simregistrationupdate.mtn.com.gh) purporting to be a link for SIM Registration.
MTN Ghana wishes to inform the general public that, the purported portal is NOT meant for the current registration exercise as being circulating.
MTN SIM Registration with Ghana Card
The current registration process involves two steps which requires you to first Dial this shortcode and follow the prompt to link your Ghana card to your SIM number after which you are to visit the MTN SIM Registration Centres Here to finalize the registration For the current registration process, follow these simple steps to link your MTN SIM card with the Ghana Card: Check How to register your SIM by yourself
The Official Release
About MTN SIM Registration Update Portal
The circulating posts being refuted by MTN contained the following details, note these these are not valid:
- All MTN users were to follow the procedures below after merging their SIM card with the Ghana Card by dialing *404# and following the steps.
- Snap your front page of your Ghana Card as Image or Scan it with the CamScanner app.
- Then Log on to and Enter your Mobile Number A One time Passcode will be sent to your Number
- Enter the O.T.P received from MTN on the registration portal and proceed. It will be validated for you to move to the records page where your personal details will be made available.
- Then, in the provided fields, fill in all of your information and upload the Ghana Card and the Image then click Submit to finish the process.
- MTN SIM Registration update portal