Abt Associates is recruiting for Finance Assistants – 9 vacancies. Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID–funded President’s Malaria Initiative VectorLink project. The project is supporting implementation of malaria control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern sector since 2011 and is preparing for the 2021 IRS campaign.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Abt Associates is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary position of a Finance Assistant (9 positions). Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 4 months. Candidates that live in any of the districts mentioned below will have an added advantage.
Bunkpurugu – Yunyoo, Tatale Sanguli, East Mamprusi (Gambaga), Gushegu, Karaga, Kumbungu, Mamprugu Moagduri (Kubori), West Mamprusi (Wungu).
- Apply: Massive Jobs At Abt Associates – Over 100 Vacancies
- Apply: Store Assistants At Abt Associates – 29 Vacancies
- Apply: Data Entry Assistants At Abt Associates – 20 Vacancies
- Apply: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistants At Abt Associates – 26 Vacancies
- Apply: Information, Education & Communication Assistants At Abt Associates – 27 Vacancies
Females are particularly encouraged to apply!
Responsibilities of Finance Assistant
- Work closely with District Operations Coordinators in confirming engaged personnel for payment
- Prepare payroll for seasonal staff, coordinate the payment of per diems and ground transport for participants at trainings and stakeholder meeting through mobile money
- Ensure that seasonal workers contracts are signed and filed prior to the start of spray campaign
- Source for quotations and prepare purchase requisitions and purchase orders for vendor payments
- Handle all finance related activities in the districts
- Collect and properly record in a computer all financial data for project activities in the assigned district
- Adhere to the company’s financial policies and procedures
- Record and analyze fuel consumption for vehicles in the district and advise on any discrepancy
- Ensure swift payment of invoices by properly reviewing and verifying all submitted invoices
- Any other duty assigned
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of HND or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred, with two years working experience in Accounting, and Finance
- Proficiency in English and one or more Ghanaian Northern Language is a plus.
- Work overtime if necessary and meet deadlines for reporting.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations is an advantage.
- Good level of competence in MS Excel and MS Word programs
- Good inter-personal communication skills
- Good organizational skills and good problem solving ability
Application Procedures: How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should send their application letter and CV to the following email address: [email protected]
- State your preferred district from the list provided above, in your application letter.
- Applications should be addressed to “Through the Operations Manager” PMI VectorLink Project, Ghana- Tamale.
- State the position and preferred district in the subject line of the email.
- Applications can alternatively be Delivered by hand to the Abt/PMI VectorLink Project office located near the former VSO office off the SSNIT Road BB Gas Junction, Tamale.
- Emails without district and Job title will not be considered
- Application letters that do not have specific district indicated will not be considered.
- Deadline for submission of applications is 5:00pm Tuesday December 15, 2020
- Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.