Abt Associates is recruiting for Information, Education & Communication Assistants – 27 Vacancies. Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID–funded President’s Malaria Initiative VectorLink project. The project is supporting implementation of malaria control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern sector since 2011 and is preparing for the 2021 IRS campaign.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Abt is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill a temporary position for Information, Education and Communication (IEC) Assistant (27 positions) in the following sub-districts below.
Successful candidates are REQUIRED to be based in the assigned sub-districts. Qualified candidates residing in the selected sub-districts above will have an advantage. Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 5 months and report to the District Operations Coordinator and IEC Manager.
- Apply: Massive Jobs At Abt Associates – Over 100 Vacancies
- Apply: Data Entry Assistants At Abt Associates – 20 Vacancies
- Apply: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistants At Abt Associates – 26 Vacancies
- Apply: Communication and Media Relations Specialist at CARE Ghana
- Ghana Army Nationwide Recruitment Opened
Females are strongly encouraged to apply!!!
|Bunkpurugu-Napkanduri||Nakpanduri, Binde and Bunkpurugu|
|East Mamprusi||Gambaga, Langbensi, Sakogu, Nagboo and Gbintiri|
|Gushegu||Gushegu, Galwei and Nabuli|
|Karaga||Karaga, Sandua/Zandua and Pishigu|
|Kumbungu||Kumbungu and Dalun|
|Mamprugu-Moagduri||Kubori and Yizesi|
|Tatale Sanguli||Tatale, Tatindo and Kandin-Sheini|
|West Mamprusi||Wungu, Kpasenkpe and Janga|
|Yunyoo- Nasuan||Nasuan and Yunyoo|
Responsibilities of the IEC Assistant
- Manage and coordinate IEC activities in the assigned sub-district to increase acceptance of IRS
- Spearhead the mobilization of ALL communities in the sub-district to ensure households are prepared for spraying and beneficiaries fully support IRS.
- Coordinate closely daily IEC and mobilization activities with the Site Manager of assigned sub-district/ operations site and District Operations Coordinator (DOC)
- Liaise with community leadership, GHS officials, District Assembly staff and communication agencies for assistance with community mobilization and IRS sensitization efforts
- Lead implementation of communication strategies and community-based outreach programs in ALL communities in the assigned sub-district BEFORE the spray campaign.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of IEC Mobilizers in the sub-district during the implementation of IRS.
- Facilitate trainings for IEC Mobilizers
- Provide weekly reports on completed activities to the DOC and IEC Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DOC and IEC Manager.
Required Skills or Experience
Requirements for the IEC Assistant position
- Minimum of a Diploma in community development studies, communication or relevant field with at least two (2) years relevant working experience.
- Additional training in participatory approaches and community mobilization is preferable.
- VERY GOOD knowledge and understanding of the geographical layout (especially of the chosen sub-district) is key to this position.
- Previous experience working with communities and their leadership, sensitizing and mobilizing communities is essential to this role.
- Strong organizational, reporting and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong computer skills
- Proficiency in English and one or more of northern Ghanaian languages (Mampruli, Dagbani, Moar, Basare and Likpakpaln dialects) is required.
- Previous work on IRS activities will be an advantage.
- Being a native/ resident in any of the sub-districts will be an advantage.
- MUST be able to ride a motorcycle and MUST HAVE a valid motorcycle driver’s license.
Application Procedures: How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should send their application letter and CV to the following email address: [email protected]
- State your preferred district from the list provided above, in your application letter.
- Applications should be addressed to “Through the Operations Manager” PMI VectorLink Project, Ghana- Tamale.
- State the position and preferred district in the subject line of the email.
- Applications can alternatively be Delivered by hand to the Abt/PMI VectorLink Project office located near the former VSO office off the SSNIT Road BB Gas Junction, Tamale.
- Emails without district and Job title will not be considered
- Application letters that do not have specific district indicated will not be considered.
- Deadline for submission of applications is 5:00pm Tuesday December 15, 2020
- Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.