Abt Associates is recruiting for Logistics Assistants. Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID–funded President’s Malaria Initiative VectorLink project. The project is supporting implementation of malaria control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern sector since 2011 and is preparing for the 2021 IRS campaign.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
For the VectorLink project, Abt Associates is seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary position for Logistics Assistant at each of the districts below. Candidates residing in these locations have an added advantage. Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 3 months
Females are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Apply: Massive Jobs At Abt Associates – Over 100 Vacancies
- Apply: Store Assistants At Abt Associates – 29 Vacancies
- Apply: Data Entry Assistants At Abt Associates – 20 Vacancies
- Apply: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistants At Abt Associates – 26 Vacancies
- Apply: Information, Education & Communication Assistants At Abt Associates – 27 Vacancies
Prior to recruitment, selected candidates will go through a training to get oriented to the job tasks and responsibilities. Logistics Assistants will be supervised by the District Operations Coordinator and also report to the Procurement and Logistics Manager.
Responsibilities of Logistics Assistants
- Manage all inventory received for IRS in the assigned district on a daily basis.
- Responsible for compliance to and routine completion of all paperwork required at each stage of the supply chain in the district
- Prepare weekly logistic and supply needs tracker for each operational site of the district.
- Supervise management of the district store rooms to make sure they are in compliance with the best warehouse and inventory management practices
- Prepare inventory requests and follow up on the requests
- Prepare monthly inventory status reports
- Work closely with store assistants to serialize insecticides using barcoding system
- Work closely with store assistants in the assigned district to ensure proper inventory movement documentation and sufficient supply of materials at all times during IRS campaign.
- Work closely with respective Store Assistants and Site Managers to demobilize all sites and send all designated IRS materials to the district store
- Ensure all forms of solid waste are transported from site stores to district stores and onward transportation to Tamale regional warehouse.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in purchasing and supply or other relevant field
- Previous experience in logistics management is preferred
- Good communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- Team player able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Must have basic knowledge in computer literacy with good understanding in the use of MS office applications and experience of operating electronic gadgets such as tablets and smartphones
- Previous work experience in IRS will be an added advantage
Application Procedures: How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should send their application letter and CV to the following email address: [email protected]
- State your preferred district from the list provided above, in your application letter.
- Applications should be addressed to “Through the Operations Manager” PMI VectorLink Project, Ghana- Tamale.
- State the position and preferred district in the subject line of the email.
- Applications can alternatively be Delivered by hand to the Abt/PMI VectorLink Project office located near the former VSO office off the SSNIT Road BB Gas Junction, Tamale.
- Emails without district and Job title will not be considered
- Application letters that do not have specific district indicated will not be considered.
- Deadline for submission of applications is 5:00pm Tuesday December 15, 2020
- Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.