Abt Associates is recruiting for Monitoring and Evaluation Assistants – 26 Vacancies. Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID–funded President’s Malaria Initiative VectorLink project. The project is supporting implementation of malaria control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern sector since 2011 and is preparing for the 2021 IRS campaign.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
For the VectorLink project, Abt Associates is seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary position for Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant at each of the following 26 sub-districts. Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 3 months.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply!
|Bunkpurugu-Nakpanduri||Nakpanduri, Binde and Bunkpurugu|
|East Mamprusi||Gambaga, Langbensi, Sakogu, Nagboo and Gbintiri|
|Gushegu||Gushegu, Galwei, Kpatinga and Nabuli|
|Karaga||Karaga, Sandua/Zandua and Pishigu|
|Kumbungu||Kumbungu and Dalun|
|Mamprugu Moaduri||Kubori and Yizesi|
|Tatale-Sanguli||Tatale, and Kandin-Sheini|
|West Mamprusi||Wungu, Kpasenkpe and Janga|
|Yunyoo-Nasuan||Nasuan and Yunyoo|
Responsibilities of M&E Assistant
- Train IRS seasonal workers on data collection tools and procedures
- Supervise field data collections and provide on-the-spot solutions to the data collection errors including troubleshooting issues with electronic tablets and data entry
- Perform data collection verification in project-supported communities
- Coach personnel on data entry and verification
- Ensure timely delivery of data (on mobile tablets or paper forms) from the field to the data center
- Supervise Data Entry Assistants to follow protocols for data cleaning, entry and syncing
- Assist Site Managers and the District Operations Coordinator (DOC) to draw daily spray operations and supervision plans
- Ensure tablets for mobile data collection are fully charged, have enough data bundle and are in good shape
- Provide technical support for mobile data collection
- Produce weekly spray data progress reports for the assigned district
- Analyze spray data to inform decisions for ongoing spray operations in the assigned operational sites and district
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DOC and/or the program M&E Manager
Required Skills or Experience
Requirements for M&E Assistant position
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in statistics, Computer science or a related field
- Experience in field data collection with demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate large scale data collection exercise
- Knowledgeable and experienced in data analysis and interpretation
- Good organizational, report writing and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong computer skills with good understanding on the use of MS Excel
- It is recommended for candidates to complete free DHIS2 course via https://academy.dhis2.org/courses/HISP/DHIS2_Level1/2015_Q1/about
- Candidate will have added advantage if s/he:
- Is proficient in one or more Northern Ghanaian Languages
- Has previous work experience in IRS.
- Is willing to live and travel within the district assigned.
- Ability to ride a motorbike and possess a valid (motorbike) license is a MUST
Application Procedures: How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should send their application letter and CV to the following email address: [email protected]
- State your preferred district from the list provided above, in your application letter.
- Applications should be addressed to “Through the Operations Manager” PMI VectorLink Project, Ghana- Tamale.
- State the position and preferred district in the subject line of the email.
- Applications can alternatively be Delivered by hand to the Abt/PMI VectorLink Project office located near the former VSO office off the SSNIT Road BB Gas Junction, Tamale.
- Emails without district and Job title will not be considered
- Application letters that do not have specific district indicated will not be considered.
- Deadline for submission of applications is 5:00pm Tuesday December 15, 2020
- Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.