Relating to the management of vehicles planning and coordinating; ensure that vehicle documents are available and valid; as well as perform other related duties as may be required. Job: Driver Grade: GSB 7 Duty Station: Accra, Ghana Supervisor: TBD Number of positions: 3
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Summary of main duties and responsibilities
- Drive office vehicles and transport authorized personnel;
- receive from and drop officials to the airport;
- observe minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) and ensure
- collect and deliver official mails, documents, and other items;
- take care of the day to day maintenance of assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery and brakes;
- maintain vehicle logbook and record all official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes and greasing; comply with all the rules and regulations
Required Education and Work experience required
• A minimum of high school certificate with a clean valid driver’s license, at least three (3) years of
working experience as a driver in a registered international organization, national organization, or public service
• Defensive, VIP driving trainings and/or mechanical trainings and knowledge of computer office
applications (MS Word and Excel e.t.c.) are an added advantage;
Skills and Competencies:
We are looking for a Driver who is able to work under minimal supervision, proactive and can maintain
confidentiality at all times. A person with integrity, flexible, committed and with ability to work in a multi-cultural
work environment. In addition, the driver should have good time management, excellent interpersonal skills with
ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions.
Tenure of appointment:
The appointment will be made on regular contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve
months are considered probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable,
subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
Equal opportunity: The AfCFTA Secretariat is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Language Proficiency: Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French and
Portuguese) is a must. Knowledge of other working languages would be an added advantage.
Indicative annual basic salary for this position is US$6,935.00 (GSB 7 Step 1) plus other related entitlements for
locally recruited staff of the African Union.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Applications must be made through the AUC E-recruitment Website: http://www.aucareers.org
- You will be required to create an account so Click on register to create an account and login to begin filling the AU recruitment form (Access application guide here)
- Read more about the job by clicking on a related vacancy on this page http://aucareers.org/
- Attach detailed and updated curriculum vitae/resume including three (3) referees with good knowledge. Of candidate’s work, please, provide referees’ contact details – telephone and e-mail addresses.
- Copy of valid passport.
- Certified copies of educational qualifications – degrees, diplomas and certificates, where applicable (Not
- More than 5 Documents in PDF Format, and not exceeding 1 MB).
- Please be aware that only complete applications will be considered.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applications are pre-screened by the system according to the published requirements of the job opening on the basis of the information provided in the application. In relation to the requirements of the job opening, applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their qualifications, including their education, work experience, and language skills. Each applicant must bear in mind that submission of incomplete or inaccurate applications may render that applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening. Initial screening and evaluation of applications will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted. Applications cannot be amended following submission. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to a reference-checking process to verify the information provided in the application.
not later than 21st December 2020.