You will provide secretarial and clerical support services to the assigned supervisor or department for its effective functioning. Job Title: SECRETARY, Grade: GSA4, Duty Station: ACCRA, GHANA, Number of Positions: 1
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft responses to routine correspondences for the signature of the supervisors;
- Attend visitors and staff and provide them with basic information on relevant issues and procedures;
- Assist in the follow up on logistical arrangements, activity implementation and provision of updates;
- Maintain a proper filing and recording system for all incoming and outgoing correspondences and
- Respond to and screen various correspondences such as telephone calls, e-mail messages and ensure
follow up with supervisors and partners;
- Keep an up to date diary of appointments for supervisors;
- Keep equipment in use in good condition and report on defects for maintenance and other necessary
- Provide day to day routine administrative supports to various work units of the assigned Department /
Division / Units;
- Ensure availability of stationery stock, equipment and furniture in offices assigned;
- Perform reception services where required; and
- Perform any other relevant duties and responsibility as may be assigned.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Diploma in Administrative Services, Office Management, Secretarial and Clerical related studies with 3
years of relevant secretarial work experience in public organization, diplomatic mission, international
organization or international non-governmental organizations.
- Candidates who are holder of bachelor’s degree in Administrative Services, Office Management,
Secretarial and Clerical related studies are required to have a minimum of 2 years of relevant secretarial work
experience in public organization, diplomatic mission, international organization or international nongovernmental organizations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent knowledge of computer office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication ability both orally and in writing
- Excellent team player and able to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Decision maker, firm yet flexible, confident;
- Be able to manage stress.
- Strong personality but friendly, polite and patient;
- Work quickly, accurately and efficiently, meeting tight deadlines;
- Be able to work unsupervised on your own initiative;
- LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT:
Applicants must be proficient in one of the following African Union working languages; Arabic, English, French
or Portuguese. Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
- TENURE OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment will be made on regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve
months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two-years
renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- GENDER MAINSTREAMING:
The African Union is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$12,834.00 per annum plus other related entitlements applicable for internationally
and locally recruited staff e.g. education allowance and other education related expenses for every eligible
dependent child (up to a maximum of US$ 10, 000.00 per child per annum etc. for internationally recruited staff)
and (up to maximum of US$ 3,300.00 per child per annum for locally recruited staff of the African Union.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Applications must be made through the AUC E-recruitment Website: http://www.aucareers.org
- You will be required to create an account so Click on register to create an account and login to begin filling the AU recruitment form (Access application guide here)
- Read more about the job by clicking on a related vacancy on this page http://aucareers.org/
- Attach detailed and updated curriculum vitae/resume including three (3) referees with good knowledge. Of candidate’s work, please, provide referees’ contact details – telephone and e-mail addresses.
- Copy of valid passport.
- Certified copies of educational qualifications – degrees, diplomas and certificates, where applicable (Not
- More than 5 Documents in PDF Format, and not exceeding 1 MB).
- Please be aware that only complete applications will be considered.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applications are pre-screened by the system according to the published requirements of the job opening on the basis of the information provided in the application. In relation to the requirements of the job opening, applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their qualifications, including their education, work experience, and language skills. Each applicant must bear in mind that submission of incomplete or inaccurate applications may render that applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening. Initial screening and evaluation of applications will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted. Applications cannot be amended following submission. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to a reference-checking process to verify the information provided in the application.
not later than 21st December 2020.