CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Public Sector Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere, Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana (“CARE”) is seeking qualified candidates for a role as Procurement Officers (2). The full-time position will be based in Accra with frequent travel to the sub-offices, and occasional international travel.
- Apply: Logistics Officer at CARE Ghana
- Apply: Massive University of Energy and Natural Resources Jobs – Over 20 Vacancies
- Massive Administrative, Mining And Engineering Jobs At Newmont Mining Corporation
- Apply: Storekeeper at Newmont Mining Corporation
- Apply: Social and Behaviour Change Communication Specialist at CARE Ghana
The Procurement Officer’s overall responsibility is to ensure the day to day procurement of goods and services in an efficient and cost effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations and donor requirements. S/he provides support to the sub-offices’ and projects’ administration on procurement related matters. The incumbent is expected to deal with customers with maturity, tact and diplomacy. S/he will also prepare and manage consultancy contracts.
Key areas of responsibility of the Procurement Officers will include:
• Ensure quality and timely supply of goods and services (including consultants), locally or internationally in accordance with care rules: Handle the local and international procurement process to ensure a timely supply of goods and service (including consultancy services) according to the procurement policies and standards of quality of service (prepare SBAs, LPOs, etc.) Reviewing all purchase requisitions, verifying price targets, and ensuring that all specifications and requirements are clear and that all authorizations have been obtained; Organizing bid committees if needed and ensuring they analyze bids in a competitive manner and issue the needed contracts to selected vendors. Coordinating with other departments to make sure purchase requisitions, supplier quote responses, and purchase orders are complete and clear;
• Vendor Management, Recordkeeping and Reporting: Ensure proper filling of all procurement documents for recordkeeping and auditing, and maintain orderly files on active orders and post activities such as change notices, scheduling changes and partial shipments. Maintain an Approved Vendor List (AVL) with updated information on pricing by goods and services and performance ranking based on recent post-delivery evaluations. Periodically generate an evaluation report on supplier/vendor performance with recommendations based on service delivery/track record (at least every 6 months).
• Prepare, Process and Monitor Consultancy Contracts: Maintain and review consultant’s database of the Country Office, Ensure prompt processing of consultancy requests following established procedures, Co-ordinate due diligence where necessary, follow up prompt consultancy contracts to ensure respect of the provisions of the contract. Prepare and process payment requests for Consultants in accordance with established procedures.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree and / or HND in Supply Chain Management, Procurement with a combination of education and work experience.?A member of Procurement professional body such as CIPS, ISM, MGIPS etc will be an added advantage.
• At least 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in procurement work. A good experience in supervision is required.
• Preferably Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
• Excellent analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction;
• Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
• Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint & Outlook (or similar software);
• Good knowledge of Procurement systems and practice, policies and procedures.
• A good understanding of donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, CIDA)
• Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
• Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
• Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
• Strong team player
• Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
• Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Strong sense of urgency and work ethic.
Application Procedures: How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should send their CV’s and and cover letter to the following email address: [email protected]
- State the position you are applying for as the subject of the email