CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
The Communications and Media Relations Specialist will lead the delivery of communications and outreach strategy of the GSAM project and also support other project activities. S/he will maintain effective communication systems and channels at National, Sub-national and among the consortium members (CARE and ISODEC). The incumbent will produce and disseminate tailored content targeting the GSAM Activity’s stakeholders including MMDAs, CSOs, and citizens. S/he will also develop key messages and partnerships with community radio stations and other local media. In addition, s/he will provide required communications inputs to project reporting, manage and maintain the project’s communication portal/platforms.
The Communications and Media Relations Specialist will report directly to the Chief of Party who will be based at the Country Office at Accra.
Key areas of responsibility of the Communications and Media Relations Specialist will include:
• Managing and coordinating all communication related activities under GSAM- update and implement the Communication Strategy for the GSAM Activity outlining what needs to be communicated and with whom. Lead the production and dissemination of information and communication materials on the project’s successes and learnings to the project’s stakeholders including citizens, CSOs, MMDAs, USAID and other relevant state institutions. Spearhead the publicity of the project via social media and promote engagement with the project’s online audience. Will also work with the M&E team to prepare quarterly and annual donor progress reports by providing the required communications inputs into project reporting.
• Ensuring adherence to the GSAM branding and marking Plan – maintain consistency in branding of all project materials and events in line with the project’s branding and marking plan. Develop and maintain a GSAM multi-media library, including photos and videos, for use across a range of communications platforms. Lead the development of “how to do manual” to document processes and frameworks of the GSAM Social Accountability Methodology.
• Leading media engagement and protocol relations of GSAM- Lead the project’s media relations activities, including supporting partners to engage effectively with the media (print and electronic). Develop appropriate media contacts and work with journalist to provide prominence and visibility of the GSAM Activity. Support media capacity building efforts by strategic partners to ensure media plays a lead role in local governance issues across the project districts. Work with the Advocacy specialist to manage the design and dissemination of advocacy materials, including publications, press releases, special radio and TV infomercials, public service announcements, and other types of programming.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of Bachelor’s Degree in Development Communications, Public Relations, or relevant program.
• At least 5 years of working experience in communication within the NGO sector on a Donor project preferably USAID. A Masters’ Degree would be an added advantage.
• Experience in organizational communication management, learning and creating a culture of knowledge management and communication,
• Experience working with local government authorities, USAID, NGOs, and communities
• Strong experience and knowledge of approaches to M&E and gender-sensitive approaches
• Proven experience with press outreach and media relations
• Experience using design, photo-editing, and video editing tools would be an added advantage.
• Understanding of advocacy and lobbying, particularly directed at Governments and institutions, and how they contribute to achieving campaign goals.
• Practical experience with using data to generate change stories to educate and market the achievements of the project through newsletters, success stories, etc.
• Proven ability to analyze and communicate complex information to a wide audience.
• Excellent written and oral communication in English, reporting, facilitation, and representation skills with the ability to represent CARE at a strategic level and in and high-profile environments.
• Experience in building capacity of project teams on media and communication standards and practices
• Ability to facilitate learning and knowledge management.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should forward their cover letter and CV to the following email address: [email protected]
- State the position you are applying for as the subject of the email
Closing Date: 30 October, 2020