MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- Conduct thorough analysis of financial statements and assessment of credit requests, including new requests, enhancement requests, refinancing and annual due diligence.
- Provide recommendations tied to analysis and assessment of credit risk to management, especially providing insights into a borrower’s ability to repay.
- Developing models, both mathematical and statistical that directly relates to measuring risk.
- Ensure availed limits/credit lines are renewed on timely basis.
- Periodic assessment of asset book performance for management purposes.
- Keep up to date with the GHIB’s lending protocols.
- Review internal gradings applied by BDM to each customer and ensure their accuracy.
- Review legal documentation underpinning transactions and ensure they are in order.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of client’s business.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
- Support for the Head and Deputy Head of Credit Risk in providing the following functions:
- Credit Limits: Timely renewal of credit limits/lines, ensuring that credit proposals are submitted and approved at the appropriate levels to ensure business continuity.
- Record Maintenance: ensure departmental filings are accurate and up to date.
- Loan Documentation: Prepare Loan Agreements to incorporate all terms & conditions, protective clauses, and covenants to underpin availed loan facilities; where necessary, liaise with external counsel to review all legal documentation pertaining to a transaction and confirm satisfaction prior to funding.
- Reporting: Providing relevant reports to management, including economic research and country reports.
- Structuring: Collaborate with Client Coverage in preparing term sheets and to ensure that deals, facility structures and documentation are in line with credit policy and conform to approvals.
- Customer Due Diligence: Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that CDD where required is performed satisfactorily.
- Relationship Managers; Credit Committee; Legal Counsel and Other Stakeholders.
- Efficiently evaluating credit applications.
- Analyzing periodic market patterns and articulating impact on asset book quality.
- Recording anticipated economic environment changes.
- Periodic review and updating of country limits.
- Compilation and submission of reports for senior management consumption.
- Maintain and organize customer records and files within the credit department.
- Generate schedules to monitor and track expiry dates of credit lines.
- Liaise with relationship managers on matters pertinent to credit application process.
- Tracking changes in legislation and regulatory directives
- Periodically update internal grading model as new information become available.
- Perform sensitivity analysis on the asset book.
- Become familiar with the competition to stay ahead of them
Skills & Capabilities:
- Independent thinker.
- Strongly analytical with understanding of financial statements, annual reports, ratios, and concepts and presentation skills
- Written communication – excellent communication skills to interpret and translate financial data into meaningful presentation to Credit Committee.
- Strong oral communication – must be able to sufficiently articulate findings to colleagues and management where necessary.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to notice discrepancies in data, and ability to produce reports to a high standard of accuracy.
- Team player, as there is need to liaise and work with people within/outside of Credit Risk Department.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and general computer use
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in a high-pressure work environment, with varying degrees of supervision
- Good understanding of financial markets and lending concepts.
- Knowledge of African economic environment.
- Strong understanding of accounting/economic principles and concepts.
- Knowledge of capital markets, trade finance and structured-trade environment.
- Working understanding of KYC, AML and Customer on-boarding processes.
- Experience in credit or risk analysis in corporate/wholesale banking environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in quantitative discipline)
- Two to five years of strong quantitative experience.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Ghana International Bank Public Limited Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply now button
- You will be required to create a linked in account if you dont have one
- Afterwards click on the login button
- Then fill the Ghana International Bank Public Limited Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit