Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy. Job Title: Audiologist
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To work with other members of the Audiology team to provide a high quality service to hearing impaired patients and other patients.
• Performs work involving autonomy in activities that are routine, according to service requirements. Undertakes audiometric tests on outpatients and inpatients.
• Provides service and rehabilitation for hearing aid users.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Pure tone audiometry and acoustic admittance measurements.
• Taking aural impressions and fitting ear moulds including any necessary modifications.
• Selection, fitting and exchange of appropriate hearing aids to adults.
• Follow-up checks of hearing aid use, hearing aid repair clinics.
• Carrying out direct referral procedures for hearing aid fitting on those patients that meet the criteria, discussing a treatment plan and identifying contra-indications.
• Advice on assistive listening devices.
• Knowledge of hearing therapy for tinnitus and auditory rehabilitation.
• Understanding and applying evidence-based clinical care.
• Working autonomously but seeking medical input as required.
• Close liaison with medical staff and hearing rehabilitation services to ensure the effectiveness of routine services.
• Explanation of hearing test results to hearing impaired patients and family members, caregiver etc. at an appropriate level.
• Assisting in undertaking battery of audiometric tests based on service demand to enable differential diagnosis of auditory dysfunction
• Assisting in aural rehabilitation on patients with additional special needs other than hearing loss.
• Assisting in performing tests, auditory rehabilitation programmes, selection, fitting of hearing aids to children.
• Assisting with evaluation and management of tinnitus patients
• Assist the higher bands in service development, such as revision of departmental pathways and protocols.
• Preparing reports to referring medical specialists
• Maintaining good working relationships with all members of the Audiology Department Audiology and also with appropriate medical, nursing, administrative and other scientific/technical staff within the Hospital.
• Updates own professional knowledge, keeping abreast of new digital hearing aid technology. Maintain record of continuous professional development
• Any other duties that may be necessary to develop, improve and ensure the smooth running of the Audiology Services.
Qualification Required & Experience
• WASSCE/SSCE or equivalent
• Degree in Audiology or equivalent
• At least 2 years post-graduate experience in a hospital environment
• Accurate and complete clinical record-keeping.
• Knowledge of medical records.
• Strong ability to work well in a team
• Exceptional communication skills
• Critical-thinking and organizational skills
• Ability to be creative in handling emergencies
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Halcom Management Services Recruitment Portal.
- Then fill the Halcom Management Services Recruitment form
- Upload your CV and required documents
- Then click on the submit button to submit