Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy. Job Title: Biomedical Scientist
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for processing biomedical specimens, analysing and reporting on results as part of integrated biomedical services within the hospital.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Perform manual, semi-automated and fully automated laboratory investigations accurately and safely according to best practice and professional protocols
• Identify analyse and report on microscopic, cytology, haematology or other examination of specimens/patient’s conditions and explain results
• Perform detailed blood typing, antibody screening, compatibility testing, and antibody identification procedures
• Match computer orders with specimen labelling: sort specimens and arrange repots for delivery
• Ensure that reagents are prepared, stored and used in a manner suitable for patient investigations
• Measure and monitor the accuracy and precision of laboratory investigations using professionally acceptable quality control procedures
• Serve as a technical resource by participating in training
• Contribute to the implementation of molecular techniques into the laboratory where professionally acceptable
• Prepare periodic reports and provide guidance to junior colleagues
• Participate as a member of relevant quality control committees.
Qualification Required & Experience
• WASSCE/SSCE or equivalent
• Minimum of a Degree in Biomedical Science/Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent plus a relevant post graduate qualification (academic or professional)
• At least three (3) years’ work experience in a reputable hospital or medical laboratory
• Knowledge of biomedical procedures
• Ability to manage complex laboratory techniques and equipment
• Knowledge of Health and Safety and Quality Assurance issues
• Ability to train others on standard operation procedures
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Competence in word processing and use of spreadsheets
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Halcom Management Services Recruitment Portal.
- Then fill the Halcom Management Services Recruitment form
- Upload your CV and required documents
- Then click on the submit button to submit