Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy. Job Title: Optometrist
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provision of high quality vision care. Prescribe, fit, and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision aids. Diagnose diseases and anomalies and identify and assess eye defects.
• Recommend appropriate patient follow-up and care options.
• Answer questions and provide advice to patients regarding vision and optical issues. Document and record and maintain records and treatment plans.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Perform thorough routine eye inspections using observation, pharmaceutical agents and instruments
• Diagnose diseases and anomalies such as colour blindness or glaucoma
• Identify and assess eye defects
• Identify patient’s visual alertness, field of vision, and hand-eye coordination.
• Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plan and other pertinent information
• Maintain accurate medical files for all patients.
• Prescribe and fit vision aids such as contact lenses and eyeglasses
• Assist with surgeries and provide pre- and post-operative care
• Maintain communication with ophthalmology, optical and support staff in order to optimize quality clinical care and service
• Provide any necessary low-vision rehabilitation and vision therapy to improve visual issue
• Promote eye health by teaching patients about proper eye care techniques.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Optometry or equivalent
• Current registration with the relevant body or authority
• At least 2 years work experience as an optometrist.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of eye related disorders and conditions
• Hands-on experience with eye examination tools, such as ophthalmoscope and tonometer
• Attention to detail
• Customer service oriented with excellent analytical and communication skills, written and verbal.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Halcom Management Services Recruitment Portal.
- Then fill the Halcom Management Services Recruitment form
- Upload your CV and required documents
- Then click on the submit button to submit