The international cocoa initiative (ICI) promotes child protection in cocoa-growing communities and works to ensure a better future for children and their families. ICI has developed a Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) that allows industry partners to manage responsibly the risk of child labour in their cocoa supply chain. In line with the Ghana Child Labor Monitoring System (GCLMS), the system is based on the presence of Community Facilitators (CF) within cocoa-growing communities who raise awareness on the issue of child labour; identify cases and implement remediation activities.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
ICI is recruiting a Project Director to lead the implementation of a project on Engaging Cocoa Cooperatives to Combat Child Labor, funded by the US Department of Labour (USDoL)’s Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB). A total of 4 Million USD will fund the successful project over a period of 4.5 years. Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Project Director leads the project team to design, implement and report on activities aiming at meeting the project Outcomes:
- Apply: Jobs, Recruitment Vacancies At International Cocoa Initiative
- Apply: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer At International Cocoa Initiative
- Apply: Accounts Payable Analysts At World Vision Ghana
- Apply: New Vacancy At An NGO (COLANDEF)
- Apply: Administrative Officers At Christian Health Association of Ghana
Outcome 1: Improved accountability of cocoa cooperatives to monitor child labor in the cocoa supply chain.
- Outcome 1.1: Strengthened capacity of enforcement agencies to enforce child labor laws within cooperatives.
- Outcome 1.2: Strengthened capacity of cocoa cooperatives to monitor child labor.
Outcome 2: Increased support to vulnerable cocoa households within cocoa cooperatives.
- Outcome 2.1: Strengthened capacity of cocoa cooperatives to provide sustainable assistance and support to prevent child labor.
- Outcome 2.2: Increased access to social protection and child labor remediation programs.
Please note that the position is subject to ICI’s successful grant delivery from USDOL ILAB.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in project management, supervision, administration, and implementation of cooperative agreement and/or contract requirements (including meeting deadlines, achieving targets, budgeting, and overseeing the preparation and submission of required reports), preferably in Ghana.
- Minimum three years of experience working in the area of child labor in supply chains, including on implementation of traceability systems.
- Experience working on challenges in the cocoa industry preferred.
- Ability to maintain working relationships with all project stakeholders, including public, private, and civil society partners and effectively build partnerships between them.
- Fluency in English required.
- Proficiency in a local language preferred.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
Successful applicants must be willing to serve on the project within 45 days of award and will be asked to sign a letter of commitment.
- Submit a resume (4 pages maximum) and a cover letter in English. Each resume must include the following information:
- Educational background, including highest education level attained;
- Work experience covering at least the last five years of employment to the present, including such information as employer name, position title, clearly defined duties, and dates of employment;
- Special experience, capabilities, or qualifications related to the candidate’s ability to implement the proposed strategy and perform effectively in the proposed position; and
- Evidence of English fluency and other relevant language skills, if required (includes speaking, listening, reading, writing). For non-native speakers, evidence of fluency may include a TOEFL test score or transcript showing completion of advanced English language coursework.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations in English by 07 August 2020 to [email protected]
Please put “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” as the subject heading