The Study Nurse shall undertake various activities associated with the research group. These activities will be performed at the Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research in Tropical Medicine, Ashanti Region, Ghana. The Study Nurse is expected to have good organisational and communication skills. He/she should be willing to work efficiently as part of a multidisciplinary team in order to perform all activities in a timely fashion.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
About Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research (KCCR)
Based at the Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research in Tropical Medicine (KCCR) in Ghana, our main goal is to conduct cross-cutting interdisciplinary research in Global health and infectious diseases and to provide guidance to reduce the burden of these diseases in Ghana and beyond.
- Apply: Pharmacist/Pharmacy Technician At Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research (KCCR)
- Apply: Massive Jobs at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital
- Apply: New Vacancies at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital
- Apply: Hospital Staffs (7 Positions) at Private Hospital
- Apply: New Jobs at an NGO (Ghana Wildlife Society)
The Study Nurse is part of a team consisting of local and international investigators. The Study Nurse is accountable to the local Principal Investigators (PIs). The Study Nurse should always maintain a good relationship with the co-worker, study site staff, KCCR staff and the external partners by communicating in a professional and courteous manner.
Scope of the Position
The Study Nurse will support the medical team in providing medical care to study participants and will support activities at KCCR. The Study Nurse will also be expected to support the study team with administrative, medical and scientific work in line with study procedures and protocols.
Tasks and Responsibilities
– Strictly adhere to Good Clinical Practice guidelines, study protocol and study manual at all times. Ensure that confidentiality is maintained in the collection and handling of information.
– Identify patients that fall into the inclusion criteria of the specific study.
– Ensure that study objectives and methods are explained in an appropriate language to potential study participants and/or guardians as applicable, and written informed consent is obtained prior to enrolment.
– Administer research documents on study site. This may include but not limited to informed consent form, Case Report Forms, Questionnaires and other study specific forms.
– Obtain vital clinical information and important clinical records of patients that are needed.
– Obtain biological samples needed for the studies. This may include blood, sputum, stool and any other biological sample they are qualified to take.
– Support study physician in providing medical care to study participants.
– Support data entry to ensure accuracy of data recorded.
– Participate in investigators meetings and meetings with regulatory agencies for medical aspects e.g. participating in GCP training.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
– Diploma in nursing/midwifery or BSc in nursing/midwifery.
– At least 1year of experience post qualification.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
– Dynamic person with demonstrated capacity for team work and team leadership
– Critical thinking, excellent analytical abilities and attention to detail
– Familiar with clinical research activities
– Ability to prioritize workload, assume responsibility for work, and follow through to completion
– Ability and willingness to work under pressure as a part of a global team
– High computer literacy including knowledge of Microsoft software products, Office suites, management software etc.
– Familiarized with Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
– Familiarized with the conduct of clinical research/trials.
Remuneration will be according to KCCR standards. The contract will be for 12-months (renewable), with the first 3 months as probation.
Application Procedures: How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should send their CV’s and cover letter to the following email address: [email protected] and a copy to [email protected])
- State the position you are applying for as the subject of the email
- Your application should be addressed to the Head of Administration, KCCR, KNUST and should contain the following
– A motivation letter (350 words)
– A detailed CV including the contact numbers and/or email addresses of three referees
– Two recommendation letters
Expected starting date: November 1, 2020