Kumasi Compost and Recycling Plant (KCARP) is recruiting for Business Development Manager. Location: Kumasi
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Business Development Strategy & Policy
- Participate in the development of strategy/business plan for the Business Development Department and monitor its implementation.
- Develop for review and approval policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), work plan and other support systems including monitoring mechanisms in managing the Business Development Department to achieve targeted objectives.
- Monitor the implementation of comprehensive strategy and tactical plan for business development, income generation and awareness-creation.
Market & Business Analysis
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of approved marketing plans to maintain and increase existing business and capture new markets/opportunities.
- Participate in the development of comprehensive sales and marketing strategies, including pricing models to meet the organization’s targeted objective and business plan.
- Research on existing markets and competitors to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for the organization and recommend for approval measures to minimize the impact of threats and to take advantage of identified opportunities.
- Review internal and external data to understand trends and discover opportunities for cost savings and income generation for the business.
- Lead research/studies and formulate market/business analysis for each identified business model and opportunity for the organization.
- Research and analyze key business drivers, market changes/influences, customer behaviour, opportunities and competitor activities and come up with new products and services for approval and implementation.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly for General Manager’s approval.
Business Development Initiatives
- Conceptualize and formulate new business ideas into saleable products/services and identify potential investors/partners for off-taker agreements in line with the organization’s long-term vision and business strategy.
- Stay abreast with current government policy interventions on emerging bi-lateral and multi-lateral economic/social development initiatives and provide advice on potential business opportunities for the organization.
- Conduct studies on operating business lines/markets for the organization and government’s development agenda regarding private sector participation and/or initiative and submit findings indicating business opportunities for approval and implementation.
- Identify potential new business opportunities to pursue in close collaboration with all stakeholders and identify avenues for project financing and implementation.
- Propose innovative ideas and approaches for developing the organization’s businesses and projects.
- Prepare proposals on new business initiatives and ideas highlighting financial/economic viabilities for consideration and implementation.
- Participate in the preparation of bid documents to facilitate business initiatives and projects.
- Supervise and coordinate the Business Development Team in the implementation of new business initiatives in line with the organization’s overall business strategy.
- Responsible for exploring/prospecting new business opportunities for the Company.
- Lead in developing and executing product and service launch plans/strategies.
- Develop for approval product positioning and messaging in a manner that differentiates the organization’s products from others in the market.
Monitoring & Evaluation
Responsible for setting standards/targets to monitor the performance of Sales & Marketing Team to ensure consistency and compliance with approved policies and guidelines.
Communication and Marketing Strategies
- Design an integrated communication and marketing plan that include targeted strategies and benchmarks to ensure productivity.
- Execute approved communications strategy for the organization.
- Formulate communication policies/ procedures and ensure compliance and consistency in their interpretation and implementation.
- Develop and deploy effective communication strategies for the organization.
- Manage media, investor and stakeholder relations.
- Advise Coordinating Executive on all communications and reputation management related issues.
Stakeholder Relations & Management
- Maintain professional relationship and liaise closely with government officials, MDAs and other business executives to explore business opportunities.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and other organizations (NGOs, private companies and government) to generate ideas, create partnerships and implement business models as approved.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget for the Business Development Department and implement same.
- Analyze Sales performance reports against budgets, targets/standards and propose new business initiatives/directions for exploitation.
- Certify and recommend for payment invoices, claims, receipts etc.
Information & Reporting
- Stay abreast with business-related legislations, rules and regulations in Ghana and countries of potential/current business partners and advise management as appropriate.
- Responsible for the maintenance and update of comprehensive data on potential, new and existing business development initiatives for easy retrieval and accessibility of information.
- Develop proposals, presentations and reports as required by the General Manager/ or Management.
- Review and analyze internal and external data to understand trends and discover opportunities for cost savings and income generation for the business.
- Keep General Manager informed of potential business initiatives/emerging trends and best practices in project financing and management.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly and periodic business development report(s) for Management decision making.
- Employee Performance & Development/Supervisory Duties:
- Hold direct reports accountable for managing their assignments to ensure the Department’s goals are achieved.
- Conduct performance appraisal and provide input for career development and recommend performance incentives for subordinate staff.
- Identify training needs and facilitate training for subordinate staff.
Required Skills or Experience
- MBA – Marketing Option or related field
- Must be a member of a recognized professional body
- Eight (8) years working experience in Business Development with at least 4 in management position
- Good knowledge and understanding of waste management and environmental sanitation.
- Considerable knowledge/understanding in project management.
- Good understanding of deal closing skills
- Excellent sales and marketing skills
- Excellent strategy design and implementation skills
- Territorial management skills
- Excellent market knowledge
- Good knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and others
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to plan, coordinate and follow up to monitor people and work activities.
- Ability to design and implement control systems and take corrective actions to correct deviations.
- Ability to meet deadlines and execute projects.
- Good managerial, coaching, mentoring, counselling and interpersonal skills in a “team” setting.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of employees.
- Good decision making based on a thorough analysis.
- Ability to articulate views and decisions and stick to them where necessary
- Ability to conduct self in a manner which elicits trust, respect and confidence of team members.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Kumasi Compost and Recycling Plant Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply now button
- Then fill the Kumasi Compost and Recycling Plant Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit